New KH Leg Armor

Old January 30th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DonO

Default New KH Leg Armor

skilewis74 wrote:

Do you have any dates? It's road, right? How many miles?

The ride is on June 3, about 72 miles, but you can ride 100 miles like
Nathan et.al. or less like John Foss. There are about a dozen
unicyclists registered so far. Here's the website:
http://www.bikethewest.com/AMBBR.html

There is also another thread started by Nathan he
http://tinyurl.com/2sqfav

I hope you can come!

DonO

--
DonO
DonO's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11026

Old January 30th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SNES350

skilewis74 wrote:
I'll probably get the KH armor when my 661's wear out. I'm sure Kris
made them better in virtually every aspect.

As to heat the back of the knee is clear for ventilation, so they
should be COOLER not hotter than 661's.

Do you have any dates? It's road, right? How many miles?

Even if it is much cooler, I have gotten hit by pinned pedals in the
back of the knee, and let me say I'm very glad I had 661 shinguards on.
I need some protection back there, even if it is just something to
prevent the pins from breaking skin.

I've almost gotten bites in the back of the knee from trying to turn
too sharply before I could turn very well; I fell off the front and
the unicycle went forward between my legs, and my leg got caught by the
crank/pedal. Would have gone very badly if not for the shinguards.

--
SNES350
SNES350's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12624

Old January 30th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni man 22

markf wrote:
to me they look a lot like the 661s. but with a different strap pattern
and a bit more calf protection. I'd have to try them, see them in
person to say anything more. But from the picture, i'll stick with the
cheaper 661s, especially because i can get those at wholesale, even at
retail though i'm not sure it'd be worth the extra money.

u smart u didnt say any thing contiversial and stated that your
opiniyon was from the pic.
in other words smart man

im retarded (somtimes )

--
uni man 22

got dx ride dx level 4 DX
uni man 22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12701

Old March 9th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

I bought the kh shinpads and will definatly buy another set when theese
finaly die (and probably give them a funeral as well) they are excelent
i havnt been injured by my uni atall since wearing them and i have been
learning to 180 and 360 unispin so i have been getting hit in the shins
a huge amount recently, i say BUY THEM THERE BRILLIANT AND WORTH IT

--
sp4rky-m4rky
sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270

D.I.Y Leg Armor-Possible? Chris.James Unicycling 13 January 6th 07 06:04 PM
Leg armor???? SEMPER_UNI Unicycling 18 February 10th 04 01:39 PM
661 Leg armor Eublapharis13 Unicycling 26 January 14th 04 08:43 PM
KH armor Eublapharis13 Unicycling 54 November 20th 03 07:35 PM
KH armor!!! Austin_hamer Unicycling 4 October 31st 03 12:29 PM