unicycling-a future sport?

Old March 12th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cruisecontrol

Default unicycling-a future sport?

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58789
Question: get huge or die trying?

- yes
- no

hey guys,

i was just wondering how many of you think unicycling is just a phase
in your lives, or if its something you are hoping will grow so big that
you can have it as a career. Like skateboarding or bmx'ing

ive been giving this quite a bit of thought lately, due to a lot of
time and effort going into something that may just fall into the
shadows....

anyone else?

-jkohse

--
cruisecontrol
cruisecontrol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10970

Old March 12th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cool-bananas

definately get bigger and bigger but as big as skateboardin and BMX i
dunno, i hope so one day that would be heaps cool but it needs more
exposure, like here where i live no one rides a unicycle yet i know
people that see me and are like oh cool i wish i could do that

--
cool-bananas

“Do you think God gets stoned? I think so . . . look at the platypus.”
cool-bananas's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14389

Old March 12th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Neither really, I hope to uni for the rest of my life but I'm never
going to consider it as a career or something that's going to get
particularly huge, although it will get bigger.

--
kington99

Dave

Old March 12th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cruisecontrol

im not trying to be a downer on us or anything...dont get me wrong i
love this sport, nothing is better.

Im young though, and interested, is this something i really want to
pour my heart into day after day?
i would deffinatley like to see it get to the same level as the bigger
sports out there.

Old March 12th 07, 09:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

I ride because i enjoy it not because i no if i ride enough i may be
able to go pro and get some money out of it

I think unicycling will get bigger, i didnt no anyone when i started
but i have encoraged friends who have seen me and been amazed and now i
have two friends to ride with, if everyone was to do this i think it
could get massive

I hope it doesnt get too big though because i think part of riding a
uni is that very few people can do it, although i think it would
bgoodin a strange way if everyone just rode unicycles around instead of
walking or driving andpeople who rode bikes would be the minority and
we could get back at all those times people asked us "how do you ride
that thing" and "wheres your other wheel"

--
sp4rky-m4rky
sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270

Old March 12th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

The poll dosnt realy make much sence "get huge or die trying?" i would
vote yes for "get huge" but no for "die trying"

Old March 12th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Part of me wants to see Unicycling grow into a major sport. With the
size in numbers much more money will be invested and we will have a
bigger better selection of unicycles at much cheaper prices. In
addition with more people riding more tricks will be invented and the
spoert will develope.

Part of me also wants the sport to remain small private and intimate.
If there were tons of riders out there I would not get much attention
from anyone.

I am 35 and will not be able to make a career out of unicycling but I
have a lot of fun doing it. There is nothing like the feeling of going
down a single track on a steep mountain to have a group of people
standing at the bottom in plain awe! Riding over rough terain and
obstacles is a dance!

I just love it no matter what!

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

Old March 12th 07, 10:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bungalistic

Who knows where this sport will go, back in the day no one woul dever of
though that skateboarding would become as big as it is. For me
personally unicycling is a hobby a sport and part of my social life.
I'm not, nor ever will be good enough to ride for money or for a
career, I have to get a normal job to earn money.
If the sport is to grow people need to be careful of how we are
perceived by others. If you look now at skateboarding its very hard to
skate "street" anymore as many people out there view it as anti social
and vandalism.
So far most people look at us as different and interesting and also
wierd, but how often have you been moved on by police or got negative
attention by authorities and others?
The sport will grow and undergo changes along the years but as to where
it ends who knows, but lets just look after our sport and let us
dictate which direction it takes and not some corporate company cashing
in on something new.

--
bungalistic

A COMMON MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DESIGN SOMETHING
COMPLETELY FOOLPROOF IS TO UNDERESTIMATE THE INGENUITY OF THE COMPLETE
FOOLS

My Gallery (http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=192026"My
gallery)

'Fat-Tyre.co.uk' (http://www.fat-tyre.co.uk/)
bungalistic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12035

Old March 12th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
50 Percent

i hope it dont grow to big

then we get wanna beez flooding the fourms.

on the other hand...

demand for unicycles goes up

price goes

down!!!

--
50 Percent

\\_//
0 0
()This is *extra super duper spiffin bunny*. Copy *extra super duper
spiffin bunny* into your signature to help him on his way to be cool.

Unicycle For Christ

onewheelinweirdo is a jerk.
50 Percent's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13827

Old March 12th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ahollow

As much as I like unicycling, I don't want to see it reach those levels
(and don't believe it ever will).

Years ago, when riding a motorcycle, you felt part of a brotherhood,
and waved to other bikers on the road. Now, your damn arm would fall
off if you tried to wave to all the bikes on the road, and most would
snub you anyway. The brotherhood was lost in the large increase in
numbers without the knowledge of the culture. The weekend warriors
just "bought" their way into the hobby.

I enjoy being the only (or one of the few) in this area on a unicycle.
Let's keep our culture and brotherhood within our ranks and to those we
invite in.

--
ahollow
ahollow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13990

rec.sport.unicycling tr4nspo Unicycling 24 June 9th 06 08:22 PM
rec.sport.unicycling trials_uni Unicycling 0 June 7th 06 10:05 PM
rec.sport.unicycling Eroick Unicycling 0 June 7th 06 09:56 PM
Future of Unicycling. juggle508 Unicycling 35 September 6th 05 09:18 AM
The future Australain unicycling newsletter... andrew_carter Unicycling 16 November 7th 03 08:15 AM