Question about Wheelwalking

Old March 13th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
one wheely

Default Question about Wheelwalking

Recently I've started to wheelwalk small distances, but i've been
limited to where i can do it because i only know how to begin when i'm
holding onto something.

So what's the easiest way to transition from normal riding --- wheel
walking?

I've tried to do it but all my attempts have ended in failure.

--
one wheely

Why stroll...when you can roll?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!

BillyTheMountain wrote:
End Bike Supremacy! Refuse to be marginalized!!
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
*Power to the Unicyclists!! Right on!!*

one wheely's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11955

Old March 13th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

when I first started wheel walking I would mount right into the wheel
walking. Start with one foot on the pedal in the down position then
step directly to the wheel with your other foot and give it a push and
then get that first leg onto the wheel as well.

--
Brian O.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.

Old March 13th 07, 08:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
one wheely

Thanks BrianO
I tried that and it works well, but was still wondering how to go from
riding to wheelwalking?

Old March 13th 07, 08:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Oddly enough, I mount and go into wheel walking just how I mount to ride
or go into one-footed riding.

I mount my uni right my right foot going on the right pedal while its
in back. When mounting into a wheel walk, I use my right foot on the
tire, push the wheel and bring up my left foot.

When going into one footed riding, ill bring up my left foot first,
either having it to the side, front, back, or frame. When riding into a
wheel walk, I tend to slow down a little bit, to a nice comfortable
slow pace, then bring my left foot up on the wheel. Sometimes I stop
the wheel for a quick second and then push with my left foot while
bringing up my right.

Usually though, ill be riding at a good pace, bring up my left foot to
the wheel, and push, not stopping the tire, but keeping it in one
steady motion, and then bring my right foot up right after wards.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old March 13th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

The way I learned was to ride, slow down, and put my good foot onto the
the tire as my crank was coming up to the top.

then see how many kicks i could get in until i fell off.

you swill soon be able to kick more, and also slower and with more
control

i found riding up a slight incline also helped learning to wheel walk,
as it allows your posture to go back further, to a point which feels
way too creepy on flat land to begin with.

riding up hill, i found, allows you to push your legs more down, then
out in front of you.

I learned on a 24", but on a 20" would probably allow your legs to be
less bent, and therefore perhaps easier.

--
Brian MacKenzie

Inner Balance: 'DVD Release Party'

Available Now: