So Who's Gonna See "The Flying Scotsman"??

Old May 2nd 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Prisoner at War

Default So Who's Gonna See "The Flying Scotsman"??

Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful girlfriend angle" in order to draw
in the couples, but who knows, maybe this obsessive biker really did
have one in real life.

So who's gonna see this flick? About time they had another bicycle
movie. I'm still waiting for one about NYC messengers! Preferably
some kinda Hitchcock sorta thriller (mysterious package which has
unnamed men in suits chasing our hero who dodges rush hour
traffic)...oops, that's supposed to be my secret project! Can't
figure out how to bring in the recumbents and tall bikes,
though...hmmmm....

Old May 2nd 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Tim McNamara

In article om,
Prisoner at War wrote:

Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful girlfriend angle" in order to draw
in the couples, but who knows, maybe this obsessive biker really did
have one in real life.

So who's gonna see this flick?

I might. Obree's story was rather interesting at the time.

About time they had another bicycle
movie. I'm still waiting for one about NYC messengers! Preferably
some kinda Hitchcock sorta thriller (mysterious package which has
unnamed men in suits chasing our hero who dodges rush hour
traffic)...oops, that's supposed to be my secret project!

"Quicksilver" didn't do the job for you? :-D ISTR there is an indie
movie about NYC messengers out somewhere.
Old May 2nd 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
[email protected][_2_]

obree obree? now where have i herd this name? in bike mag? that obree?
the irish madman? grrrreat story.
say how bout a round yurp cycling drug orgy ala Stone? now there's a
flick you could get ur pump into!!! comon braun, i'll buy dinner!

Old May 2nd 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Prisoner at War

On May 1, 10:04 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:

I might. Obree's story was rather interesting at the time.

Never even heard of the guy. I'm sooooooo looking forward to this
movie!

"Quicksilver" didn't do the job for you? :-D ISTR there is an indie
movie about NYC messengers out somewhere.

Yeah, I've heard about something about messengers...thanks for the
ref! But I was also hoping for fiction, or a fictionalized account.
The only bike movies I know about are "The Thief" (the famous B&W
Italian one), "Beijing Bicycle" (a great film, IMHO), and the Oprah
Winfrey-endorsed dramatization of an African kid doing a pan-African
ride or something.

Old May 2nd 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
nash

"Prisoner at War" wrote in message
ps.com...

Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful girlfriend angle" in order to draw
in the couples, but who knows, maybe this obsessive biker really did
have one in real life.

So who's gonna see this flick? About time they had another bicycle
movie. I'm still waiting for one about NYC messengers! Preferably
some kinda Hitchcock sorta thriller (mysterious package which has
unnamed men in suits chasing our hero who dodges rush hour
traffic)...oops, that's supposed to be my secret project! Can't
figure out how to bring in the recumbents and tall bikes,
though...hmmmm....

There was a book about a bike messenger set in the future by a Gibson or
Ibsen maybe Canadian Science Fiction writer once from the 90's.

Old May 2nd 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films

On May 1, 11:26 pm, "nash" wrote:
"Prisoner at War" wrote in glegroups.com...

Based on a true story, etc. -- the movie trailer makes it sound like
there's a bit of technical stuff involved, too! I can't stand how
they just have to have a "faithful girlfriend angle" in order to draw
in the couples, but who knows, maybe this obsessive biker really did
have one in real life.

So who's gonna see this flick? About time they had another bicycle
movie. I'm still waiting for one about NYC messengers! Preferably
some kinda Hitchcock sorta thriller (mysterious package which has
unnamed men in suits chasing our hero who dodges rush hour
traffic)...oops, that's supposed to be my secret project! Can't
figure out how to bring in the recumbents and tall bikes,
though...hmmmm....

There was a book about a bike messenger set in the future by a Gibson or
Ibsen maybe Canadian Science Fiction writer once from the 90's.

William Gibson. He's most famous for having written "Neuromancer" in
the early 80s which inspired the genre of SF that includes The
Matrix. More recently he wrote a couple of books that do include a
character who's a former SF (San Francisco this time) bike messenger.
What little stuff about bikes there is is pretty cool, but there's not
much of it. Fantastic books though nonetheless. They're called
"Virtual Light," "Idoru," and "All Tomorrow's Parties."

Old May 2nd 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Tom Keats

In article .com,
" writes:

obree obree? now where have i herd this name?

Obree One Kenobee.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old May 2nd 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
tiborg

On May 2, 12:14 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
On May 1, 10:04 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:

I might. Obree's story was rather interesting at the time.

Never even heard of the guy. I'm sooooooo looking forward to this
movie!

"Quicksilver" didn't do the job for you? :-D ISTR there is an indie
movie about NYC messengers out somewhere.

Yeah, I've heard about something about messengers...thanks for the
ref! But I was also hoping for fiction, or a fictionalized account.
The only bike movies I know about are "The Thief" (the famous B&W
Italian one), "Beijing Bicycle" (a great film, IMHO), and the Oprah
Winfrey-endorsed dramatization of an African kid doing a pan-African
ride or something.

Breaking Away has always been a favorite of mine. I used to go and see
it every time it showed at the local uni theater.

Old May 2nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Ozark Bicycle

On May 2, 2:13 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article .com,
" writes:

obree obree? now where have i herd this name?

Obree One Kenobee.

It's a farce, Luke.

So Who's Gonna See "The Flying Scotsman"?? Prisoner at War General 51 May 4th 07 09:50 PM
So Who's Gonna See "The Flying Scotsman"?? Prisoner at War Techniques 63 May 4th 07 09:50 PM
The Flying Scotsman Don Whybrow UK 1 October 1st 06 04:18 PM
Flying Scotsman davek UK 7 July 14th 06 02:32 AM
First ride, gonna start "training" [email protected] Techniques 20 April 18th 06 07:06 PM