A bike for the girlfriend

Old April 29th 08, 05:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Moo

Default A bike for the girlfriend

My girlfriend is looking to take up biking for fitness so I've been
looking at what is currently available.

She'll want to be doing mostly on-road with some (very basic) off-road,
the most reasonable bike I've seen in the shops is a Carrera Vulcan 08
(£279.99), seems to have a good enough spec and is the only ladies bike
I could find without ****-shif... sorry grip-shift gears.

She'd need a 14" bike which tends to reduce the options (the Carrera
Kraken only comes in 16" & 18").

Any suggestions for around that price range?

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com
Old April 29th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ronnie Guthrie[_2_]

Check this one out...

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/product...id=m1b3s24p473

I'd strongly recommend a Trek, especially one with this spec! (and it's a
14")

Ronnie

"Moo" wrote in message
My girlfriend is looking to take up biking for fitness so I've been
looking at what is currently available.

She'll want to be doing mostly on-road with some (very basic) off-road,
the most reasonable bike I've seen in the shops is a Carrera Vulcan 08
(£279.99), seems to have a good enough spec and is the only ladies bike I
could find without ****-shif... sorry grip-shift gears.

She'd need a 14" bike which tends to reduce the options (the Carrera
Kraken only comes in 16" & 18").

Any suggestions for around that price range?

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com

This is my girlfriend Joe2005 Unicycling 34 March 11th 07 12:01 PM
My girlfriend has almost got it! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 6 September 19th 06 08:19 PM
Boonen's girlfriend Andre Racing 0 July 15th 06 08:11 PM
teach girlfriend? onewheeljoe Unicycling 16 September 16th 04 03:59 AM
Need help --girlfriend needs 45 minutes to get Mountain bike "warmed up" each time we ride... Dan Volker Mountain Biking 87 January 19th 04 04:32 AM