reeder seat handle

Old September 8th 03, 06:09 AM
zach_jucha

Default reeder seat handle

http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=472

does anyone have this? it was recommended to me by fellow unicyclists
and i'm wondering if people have had good experiences with it. also, i'm
wondering if it will work with a KH seat, ?

--
zach_jucha - doesn't have an ultimate beard
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old September 8th 03, 06:15 AM
James

MY friend has a reeder handle and i love it!!!!!!! It is the best
feeling best angled handel i can imagen! Its a little heavy but its
built tough!

Im not sure if you can put it on the HK but im sure if you take of its
handle you can.

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Old September 8th 03, 07:15 AM
paco

I've heard that the Reeder handle can be used on a Viscount seat frame.
Is that true? I'm thinking of rebuilding my Viscount as an airseat, and
I've always wanted a Reeder handle. I really don't care about the
weight. This is going to be a road rider.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

Sometimes crap works fine.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old September 8th 03, 07:52 AM
Rowan

I must be James' friend, since I have a Reeder handle. I have only
started using it recently, having just put together my CF airseat. I
think it is very good as far as handles go, but the weight is a big
drawback. I don't think it would work well on KH seats, unless you
reinforce the seat with a steel plate, or get a 2004 model. It doesn't
look ideal with the plastic ridges and the 4 hole pattern. I think for a
KH seat the KH handle works really well, and provides plenty of
ambidextrous pulling and pushing opportunities (enough to snap the
seat). The Reeder handle is less ambidextrous, and you choose a left or
right orientation depending on which hand you use most for grabbing the
seat. You can still use your left hand for holding a right handed
handle, but it feels less ergonomic and not as comfortable as using the
right hand. I think the Reeder handle is best suited to the carbon fibre
seats, having never tried it with anything else. Tomorrow I plan to chop
half an inch or so from the end of it where it sticks out a bit far. I
would love to get an aluminium handle similar to the reeder, because at
the moment it feels like it weighs more than the CF seat. I have an
aluminium frame (Wilder) and an aluminium seatpost (Thomson) and I am
jealous of George Barnes' 'aluminium handle' (http://tinyurl.com/mljf).
I think Chris Reeder should ditch the Chromoly and manufacture aluminium
handles if they can take the abuse. George, how is your one holding up?

| Attachment filename: george barnes aluminium handle.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/161062|

Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

Old September 8th 03, 09:14 AM
jagur

i had a Reeder handle (made by GB) i used it for over a year,but one day
i decided to go back to the Miyata style and i liked it better.

for me,the Reeder helped in the beginning of my uni riding because of
being less balanced.now almost 2 years later i dont need to yank on the
handle so hard to stay upright.i like the bumpers better now but in the
beginning that handle made up for lots of bad technic.

the weight does suck and i had a permanate bruise on my inner thigh from
it pokeing me durring UPD's

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gall...x_flipped.gif]

Old September 8th 03, 10:01 AM
zach_jucha

looking at that link rowan provided i don't think the reeder handle
would help whatsoever with seat-out jumping. for regular jumping i think
the regular KH handle would be fine, but i'd still like to try the
reeder. especially if i got another seat for the comfort value. on that
note, would anyone recommend any really comfortable seat in combination
with the possibility for a reeder handle that would fit on a KH20 frame?
also, suggestions on seat-out jumping possibilities would help too. the
way it's going now i can only do it for a short while before my fingers
start to hurt.

Old September 8th 03, 03:02 PM
Mojoe

paco wrote:
*I've heard that the Reeder handle can be used on a Viscount seat
frame. Is that true? *

Yes, it's true. I've been using a Reeder on my Viscount for a year now.
There is no flex in this setup. This is my prefered muni/trials seat.
The Viscount is the best seat I've used for seat out stuff too.

Mojoe

| Attachment filename: seattilt.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/161094|

Mojoe - The Muni Militia

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old September 8th 03, 03:05 PM
Mojoe

Rowan wrote:
* George, how is your one holding up? *

George's aluminum handle was starting to deform a little after being
dropped a bunch. I think he quit using it after that. I seen it, and it
didn't look that bad to me. One thing is for sure.... it was really
light.

Mojoe

Old September 8th 03, 04:39 PM
chirokid

You bad boys could always have a handle made out of Titanium, expensive,
but strong and light! --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old September 8th 03, 06:58 PM
jagur

gbarnes wrote:
*
A properly mounted handle will not bruise your legs. If it does, you
can try a few things.
- your handle may be too long, shorten the tube with a hacksaw
- your handle may be mounted at an odd angle or location, slot the
holes in your seat base and move it around a bit.
- tilt your entire saddle up by placing washers on the front mounting
bolts between the seat post and the seat base.

*

GB,when i road with the R-handle i liked it very much,and i was one of
the "gotta get one everybody" people,but like i said the buise was
there.it wasnt mounted at any weird angle and i hacked about 2 inches
off of it.i also put in a big rubber bar-end plug at the end.

durring a serious UPD,when you go flying forward and the uni twists it
would jab me in the thigh.it was never enough to cause any worries just
a bruise.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gall...x_flipped.gif]

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Team vs Strada mjbass Recumbent Biking 43 January 5th 04 03:28 AM
Seat comparisons Mikefule Unicycling 15 August 25th 03 07:53 AM
GB Handle install on Miyata Seat? tomblackwood Unicycling 2 July 14th 03 12:03 PM