Undercover police posing as cyclists catch trucker for driving tooclose to bike

Old July 15th 17, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

Default Undercover police posing as cyclists catch trucker for drivingtoo close to bike

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 21:19:01 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:]
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

[ordinary post omitted, just the abusive reply left in]

Yeah, like **** he did. This would be the time that you got done for
defective exhaust. This because you could not afford to have it fixed. Get a
job ya little ******.
Why must you always tell lies? You little piece of ****

Take a calming bike ride; it'll help no end.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old July 16th 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 14.07.2017 22:20, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:03:40 +0100, Bod wrote:

A lorry driver has become one of the first people to be prosecuted
for driving too close to cyclists after being caught by a
plain-clothed police biker.

Officers posed as cyclists in Birmingham and the black country to try
and catch drivers putting bikers lives at risk.

The 60-year-old driver was taken to court and ordered to pay £1,038
in fines and costs. He was also given five points on his licence for
the manoeuvre in Park Lane West, Tipton, last November after being
found court at Birmingham Magistrates' Court.

So how did they catch up with him? Must be damn fit police.

He was among the first motorists in the country to be taken to court
after the operation to protect cyclists from 'close passes'.

I drive and cycle, and I find it absurd that cars leave such a
*large* gap. I only need a foot or two when I'm cycling, because I
cycle in a straight line. Same gap as cars leave each other when
passing in the *opposite direction*.
There's enough room on most roads for a car to overtake a cyclist
when there's another car coming the other way, yet so many morons
want to drive right over the other side of the road to overtake the
cyclist, somehow imagining he's the width of a car.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/12/underc...-bike-6772386/

That's called entrapment, the police should all be fired. You can't
just go around encouraging people to break the law. Imagine I placed
my wallet in front of someone on a bus, filmed him take it, then
reported him to the police, the police would laugh at me.

Prick.

I agree.
He told me to 'grow up'.
I absolutely have no desire to "do so" and become like it.

Old July 16th 17, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 14.07.2017 22:19, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:45:16 +0100, Incubus
wrote:
On 12/07/2017 11:03, Bod wrote:
A lorry driver has become one of the first people to be prosecuted
for driving too close to cyclists after being caught by a
plain-clothed police biker.

Officers posed as cyclists in Birmingham and the black country to
try and catch drivers putting bikers lives at risk.

The 60-year-old driver was taken to court and ordered to pay £1,038
in fines and costs. He was also given five points on his licence
for the manoeuvre in Park Lane West, Tipton, last November after
being found court at Birmingham Magistrates' Court.

He was among the first motorists in the country to be taken to court
after the operation to protect cyclists from 'close passes'.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/12/underc...-bike-6772386/

Why don't the Police 'pose' as pedestrians to catch cyclists riding
on pavements?

Better yet, why aren't they focussing on violent offence and thefts?

It's too difficult for them. A traffic officer who'd stopped me for
a routine safety check actually said to me, "I'm not qualified to
solve real crimes".

Yeah, like **** he did. This would be the time that you got done for
defective exhaust. This because you could not afford to have it fixed. Get a
job ya little ******.
Why must you always tell lies? You little piece of ****

And he called me a moron.
I took it as a compliment as it came from him.
He said it wqs no a compliment.
How dare he dictate how I take his compliments?