More pointing fingers

Old March 18th 19, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default More pointing fingers

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/prod...issues-warning

Technically known as a "tis not - tis so" situation.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 18th 19, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 6:31:31 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/prod...issues-warning

Technically known as a "tis not - tis so" situation.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

The stretching problem is exactly what I had with my Fulcrum 3 tubeless on which O was mistakenly using Michelin Pro4 Endurance tires. When it blew off the rim what was plain was that the bead which was so tight that it was almost impossible to put on without heavy levers, was so loose that I pushed it on entirely by hand on the one side.
Old March 19th 19, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:31:31 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/prod...issues-warning

Technically known as a "tis not - tis so" situation.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I thought it must be a sharp edge.

- Frank Krygowski
Old March 20th 19, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 07:51:59 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:31:31 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/prod...issues-warning

Technically known as a "tis not - tis so" situation.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I thought it must be a sharp edge.

- Frank Krygowski

Or simply just another failing of the Carbon Fiber Conspiracy. After
all I never heard this problem mentioned in the days of chrome plated
steel rims :-)

--
Cheers,
John B.

Old March 20th 19, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:31:31 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/prod...issues-warning

Technically known as a "tis not - tis so" situation.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I thought it must be a sharp edge.

- Frank Krygowski

Or simply just another failing of the Carbon Fiber Conspiracy. After
all I never heard this problem mentioned in the days of chrome plated
steel rims :-)

--
Cheers,
John B.

Back in the chrome plated steel rim days, the only way to get news was the daily local news TV show, daily newspaper, or monthly magazine. And I doubt tires and carbon fiber rims being incompatible would have merited a story in any of those news sources. Kind of like bikes in the 1970s were not as good as bikes today, news was not as readily available back then as now.
Old March 20th 19, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

[...]

You must be a young fellow if you had the TV news. Back in my chrome
plated steel days there wasn't any such thing as "television". All we
had was the radio. and other then the Lone Ranger every day at 5.00PM
I don't remember listening to the radio very much. People used to
"read" back in those days. Newspapers, news magazines... even "books".

--
Cheers,
John B.

Old March 21st 19, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

wrote:

[...]

You didn't have town criers in New Hampshire?
Old March 21st 19, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

[...]

No. That function was taken over by the ladies of the house(s) ether
while sweeping the front steps in the morning or while at the market
on market day.

And I might add, probably as accurately as Fox News does today :-)

--
Cheers,
John B.

Old March 22nd 19, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

What in the hell do you know about FOX news in Thailand?

Funny Fingers elyob UK 13 June 25th 07 07:24 PM
My Fingers Hurt tommygrhcp Unicycling 10 November 3rd 06 03:22 PM
Getting my fingers burnt David Martin UK 0 September 2nd 06 08:42 PM
show of hands or pointing fingers: gym.gravity Racing 9 July 5th 06 06:26 PM
Stick Fingers Grinspoon Unicycling 2 November 27th 03 02:51 PM