Worlds to US in 2015

Old September 21st 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Default Worlds to US in 2015

UCI announced Worlds is coming to Richmond,VA in 2015.
Apparently the other contender was Oman and they withdrew
(because they were going to lose? or Obama exercised
gunboat diplomacy?)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2015...hmond-virginia

Anyone familiar with the courses of previous races there?
The closest I've ridden was a cross race and a few miles on
the road outside Fredericksburg, which isn't that close, although
I think the topography is similar. Richmond itself is probably
pretty flat but if you could get out into woodsy areas and
find a short steep hill it might be interesting, or at least
scenic. Assuming that there are one or two roads that
haven't been covered by subdivisions.

Fredmaster Ben
Old September 22nd 11, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2015...nships-goes-to...

Anyone familiar with the courses of previous races there?
The closest I've ridden was a cross race and a few miles on
the road outside Fredericksburg, which isn't that close, although
I think the topography is similar. *Richmond itself is probably
pretty flat but if you could get out into woodsy areas and
find a short steep hill it might be interesting, or at least
scenic. *Assuming that there are one or two roads that
haven't been covered by subdivisions.

Fredmaster Ben

http://www.examiner.com/cycling-in-n...-championships

This link gives some details on possible course sections.
Phil H
Old September 22nd 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

wrote:
[...]

To me it looks like it'll be one for the sprinters. What was described
as a mile long climb up Old Gun Rd isn't much of a climb.

Old September 24th 11, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

http://www.examiner.com/cycling-in-n...rginia-will-ho...

This link gives some details on possible course sections.
Phil H

To me it looks like it'll be one for the sprinters. What was described
as a mile long climb up Old Gun Rd isn't much of a climb.

They should run their asses through colorado. The europeans think
high altitude is 2500m

When are the 'worlds'? Hell and High Water Racing 3 June 21st 07 01:15 AM
Worlds? Hell and High Water Racing 0 June 18th 07 04:22 PM
By the year 2015, most of the world's wired communication systems will be replaced by wireless communication systems Admin Mountain Biking 3 May 19th 07 09:05 PM
Worlds Ewoud Dronkert Racing 2 September 25th 05 03:32 PM
anyone going for just the worlds RR ? Racing 15 October 8th 03 12:15 AM