Its been awhile ....... hello

Old July 26th 05, 02:41 PM
TomCAt

Default Its been awhile ....... hello

Let's see, my last tour ended when I hurt my back. Since then, I have
cycled but no touring. I took up golf. Golf is fun but it is a controlled
environment. The folks you meet on a golf course, for the most part, would
never understand the idea of bicycle touring.

Anyway, I'm back. Time to leave on the bicycle. Like a drug, an addiction,
bicycle touring is always within me. Now and then I will pass a lone cycle
tourist. There he/she will be, bags hanging from his bicycle, looking
tired, worn down, peddling on. Then it hit me. It is that feeling. The
freedom of cycling. The just do it, and do it on a bicycle way of life. No
gas to buy. The outside air. The ups and the downs.

I always slow down and give the BIG THUMBS UP. Good job I yell.

As I pass I will look in the mirror and then you will see it, the smile.
That cycle touring look. The big pick me up.

And so I am off. The bicycle is ready. I even have a BOB trailer. I
haven't decided whether to use it of not.

Probably just head off to the ocean. Sit in the water. Not a big tour.
But, a tour.

Figured I'd stop by and say Hello, just like the old days.

Keep peddling.

TomCAt