Comparing relative impacts of various trail user groups--No Surprise,Hikers and Equestrians Cause More Trail Damage than Mountain Bikers

Old June 4th 08, 12:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Ed Pirrero

Default Comparing relative impacts of various trail user groups--NoSurprise, Hikers and Equestrians Cause More Trail Damage than Mountain Bikers

On Jun 3, 7:36 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:51:43 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

wrote:
On Jun 2, 7:52 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:34:06 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

wrote:
On Jun 1, 10:40 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 00:48:47 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

wrote:
On May 31, 9:37 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:32:05 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

wrote:
On May 31, 3:59 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:02:56 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

wrote:
On May 31, 12:51 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 08:48:29 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

wrote:
On May 29, 10:50 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2008 21:27:24 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

"Real", as in supporting your position? Or "real" as in actual
scientific research?

If you mean the latter, it's already been provided, on numerous
occasions

The mountain biker-authors misstated their own results, in
order to make mountain biking appear less harmful.

Since nowhere do the authors make any claims as to whether or not they
actually own any bikes whatsoever, I guess you took the "make it up"
option.

No, I just asked them. DUH!

Without proof, I'll just consider that yet another in a long line of
stuff you just made up.

Whatever.

Exactly. More stuff you just made up. I knew you'd never be able to
provide proof of your blatantly-false and ridiculous claim, because
you just made it up on the spot. You are truly LOL funny.

It's okay.

Since when is it OK to make up stuff, Mike? It's not OK. The "fact"
that those authors are MTBers is a "fact" you invented, made up,
fabricated. Lying is wrong, Mike. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Everything I said is true...

A claim for which you provide no proof. Prove that even one of those
authors even owns a bike, any bike, and I'll be happy to continue the
discussion. Otherwise, you're just stalling and trying to evade the
real truth - that you just plain made it up.

You should do your own research...

I did, and nowhere in any of the research you provided was there even
a single mention of whether or not the authors even owned a bike of
any kind.

But I provided their email addresses, so you could ask them
themselves. AND DID YOU?

Yes, I did.

Not one of them replied in the affirmative.

Checking up on your fabrications is trivial, Mike. Why bother making
stuff up that's so easily refuted?

E.P.
Old June 4th 08, 05:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:
[...]

Now they aren't even being honest! I ugess they are gun-shy from
having their bad "research" exposed. Did you expect a mountain biker
to be HONEST?!!!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 7th 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Ed Pirrero

On May 29, 6:44 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:45:45 -0700 (PDT), Ed Pirrero

The evidence has already been provided.

BS. Unless you can provide some real evidence, you are just LYING
again.

The part you trimmed addresses that.

E.P.
Old June 7th 08, 05:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Ed Pirrero

wrote:
[...]

By what standard? Your imaginary conspiracy of MTBers flooding the
peer-reviewed literature with pro-MTB propaganda?

LOL.

The word "logic" and "Vandeman" should never appear in the same
newsgroup together.

E.P.