Rubber pasta in dollar store patch kit; and missing rim tape

Old April 28th 04, 01:50 AM
Rick Onanian

Default Rubber pasta in dollar store patch kit; and missing rim tape

I have a couple patch kits from a dollar store, and they include
something that looks very much like macaroni, but is made of rubber
(probably thick latex). There's two in each kit, they're exactly the
color, shape (except not bent into an elbow), diameter (inside and
out), and length of the uncooked macaroni in a box of Kraft macaroni
& cheese. What are these? For spreading cement without using dirty
fingers?

In partly unrelated news, where did I put that fscking roll of Velox
rim tape? I had it sitting around to install on my rear rim during
the next time I removed the tire...I better check the desk drawer...
--
Rick Onanian
Old April 28th 04, 03:17 AM
A Muzi

Rick Onanian wrote:

I have a couple patch kits from a dollar store, and they include
something that looks very much like macaroni, but is made of rubber
(probably thick latex). There's two in each kit, they're exactly the
color, shape (except not bent into an elbow), diameter (inside and
out), and length of the uncooked macaroni in a box of Kraft macaroni
& cheese. What are these? For spreading cement without using dirty
fingers?

That is a replacement valve rubber for a Woods valve. :
http://www.yellowjersey.org/nuvalve.html

Air can go in under that tube but can't escape back.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old April 28th 04, 03:30 AM
Marcus Coles

Rick Onanian wrote:
I have a couple patch kits from a dollar store, and they include
something that looks very much like macaroni, but is made of rubber
(probably thick latex). There's two in each kit, they're exactly the
color, shape (except not bent into an elbow), diameter (inside and
out), and length of the uncooked macaroni in a box of Kraft macaroni
& cheese. What are these? For spreading cement without using dirty
fingers?

In partly unrelated news, where did I put that fscking roll of Velox
rim tape? I had it sitting around to install on my rear rim during
the next time I removed the tire...I better check the desk drawer...
--
Rick Onanian

It's replacement valve rubber for old "Dunlop" type inner tube valves.

The best way to find the rim tape is to buy more.

Marcus

Old April 28th 04, 03:34 AM
S o r n i

Rick Onanian wrote:
In partly unrelated news, where did I put that fscking roll of Velox
rim tape? I had it sitting around to install on my rear rim during
the next time I removed the tire...I better check the desk drawer...

It's in the garage behind the 36-year-old Pachinko machine you've been
storing for absolutely no good reason.

Bill "HTH" S.

Old April 28th 04, 04:25 AM
G.T.

Rick Onanian wrote:
I have a couple patch kits from a dollar store, and they include
something that looks very much like macaroni, but is made of rubber
(probably thick latex). There's two in each kit, they're exactly the
color, shape (except not bent into an elbow), diameter (inside and
out), and length of the uncooked macaroni in a box of Kraft macaroni
& cheese. What are these? For spreading cement without using dirty
fingers?

This was answered in r.b.t. just a couple of weeks ago.

Greg

Old April 28th 04, 06:57 AM
ZeeExSixAre

& cheese. What are these? For spreading cement without using dirty
fingers?

Emergency food for while you're out... gnawing on it releases critical
potassium and complex carbohydrates to encourage smooth muscle function and
fuel.

Oh, and, they offer it in a low-carb form too...

What's with all these "low-carb beers?!?!"

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training