why can't a motolite climb?

Old October 4th 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
abe

Default why can't a motolite climb?

my trusty 04 switchblade cracked. titus gave me a fair deal on a
motolite as a semi-warranty replacement. Thing won't climb at all,
sags even on mild inclines. I've tuned the susp, everything, but I
can't figure out what the difference might be in geometry and angles
from the switchblade does anyone know?

so i might just sell it if i can't solve it, so does anyone have
experience with a ventana el ciclon, ML frame. I demo'd one yesterday
it was pretty impressive, climbed pretty much like the switchblade

Old October 4th 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Oct 4, 12:23 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
wanna buy my switchblade? climbs like crap so motolite must be really bad.

"abe" wrote in message

oups.com...

my trusty 04 switchblade cracked. titus gave me a fair deal on a
motolite as a semi-warranty replacement. Thing won't climb at all,
sags even on mild inclines. I've tuned the susp, everything, but I
can't figure out what the difference might be in geometry and angles
from the switchblade does anyone know?

so i might just sell it if i can't solve it, so does anyone have
experience with a ventana el ciclon, ML frame. I demo'd one yesterday
it was pretty impressive, climbed pretty much like the switchblade

I don't get it. My Switchblade climbs like a pig, but my Motolite
riding friends cant' get over how well the Moto climbs. They say it
takes a bit to set up, which is probably the problem. I wouldn't
dismiss the Moto, it gets top honors as the best or one of the best
trail bikes every year from some forum or magazine or another.

CDB

Old October 4th 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
El Kapitano

So does the Commencal Meta 5 but it doesn't seem to stop my meta 5 from
going light on the steering under load on climbs, makes the technical stuff
err - intersting. :O)

Andy H

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 4, 12:23 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
wanna buy my switchblade? climbs like crap so motolite must be really
bad.

"abe" wrote in message

oups.com...

my trusty 04 switchblade cracked. titus gave me a fair deal on a
motolite as a semi-warranty replacement. Thing won't climb at all,
sags even on mild inclines. I've tuned the susp, everything, but I
can't figure out what the difference might be in geometry and angles
from the switchblade does anyone know?

so i might just sell it if i can't solve it, so does anyone have
experience with a ventana el ciclon, ML frame. I demo'd one yesterday
it was pretty impressive, climbed pretty much like the switchblade

I don't get it. My Switchblade climbs like a pig, but my Motolite
riding friends cant' get over how well the Moto climbs. They say it
takes a bit to set up, which is probably the problem. I wouldn't
dismiss the Moto, it gets top honors as the best or one of the best
trail bikes every year from some forum or magazine or another.

CDB

Ebay: Titus Motolite II Size XS Complete. New. Todd Marketplace 0 July 11th 07 02:30 PM
Now that's a climb! Jay Woo Australia 4 June 9th 05 10:35 AM
Now that's a climb! Peter Signorini Australia 0 June 4th 05 09:31 AM
Now that's a climb! Parbs Australia 0 June 4th 05 08:44 AM
Now that's a climb! Tamyka Bell Australia 0 June 4th 05 01:40 AM