Cycling Heroes

Old August 9th 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

Default Cycling Heroes

The latest drug fiasco has made me think again about my cycling heroes
so off the list go all the racers.
Who goes on the list?
Well how about that guy Dave from this ng who cycled from land's end to
john O Groats. The wrong way round. In march. With a hammock.
Are you still here, Dave? And if so can you confirm that you did it
without any performance enhancing drugs?

roger

--
Roger Thorpe

My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!
Old August 9th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Roger Thorpe
') wrote:

The latest drug fiasco has made me think again about my cycling heroes
so off the list go all the racers.
Who goes on the list?

Graeme Obree, sacked from his only professional cycling team for refusing
to dope. The only performance enhancing substance he ever took was
marmalade sandwiches.

;; this is not a .sig
Old August 9th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

davek wrote:
Roger Thorpe wrote:
The latest drug fiasco has made me think again about my cycling heroes
so off the list go all the racers.

Even Nicole Cooke? Matt Seaton in today's Guardian makes the assumption
that she /must/ be clean - but based on what evidence, I'm not sure. I
like to believe she's clean but you never can tell.

B.Wiggins likewise.

d.

.... I assume because they are British

....I saw the same comments about Americans when the Festina affair
broke.

Yours
Tom Simpson and Tyler Hamilton