LBS in Canberra, ACT?

Old September 4th 07, 11:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joseph

Default LBS in Canberra, ACT?

Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?
I have a daughter who lives in Gordon and I would like to have a bike
stationed there so that I can do a few rides when I visit.
Joseph

Old September 4th 07, 12:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Turner

Joseph wrote:

Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?
I have a daughter who lives in Gordon and I would like to have a bike
stationed there so that I can do a few rides when I visit.
Joseph

There isn't any bike store right near Gordon, but will be a few in
Woden or Fyshwick area. I don't know of any bike store in Tuggeranong
town centre
which is nearest to Gordon.

When you visit, have a look in the yellow pages and have a map, and
you'll be able to see where
you have to go to get a bike. I don't know which shop of maybe 20 in the
ACT
which offers the best service or price.

A map of the ACT is online, so all can be searched with a PC.....
probably you will have to talk to a shop person to get prices.

Second hand bikes are being traded through the Canberra Times, Trading
Post, and through clubs...

Patrick Turner.
Old September 4th 07, 01:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:43:19 GMT, Patrick Turner
wrote:

Joseph wrote:

Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?

Onya Bike is in Tuggers. Whitepages.com.au will probably even have a
map.
Old September 4th 07, 01:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
RobWoozle

Patrick Turner wrote:

Joseph wrote:
[...]

There is Onya Bike in Tuggeranong. Also one of them in Fyshwick. Can't
comment on their service 'cause I haven't used them.

Bike Shed in Phillip is "relatively" close and they are pretty good.

Check Cycling Canberra website and CORC website for second hand stuff.

Rob
Old September 4th 07, 11:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Joseph wrote:
Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?
I have a daughter who lives in Gordon and I would like to have a bike
stationed there so that I can do a few rides when I visit.
Joseph

I live in Gordon, and you're welcome to borrow this bike next time
you're in town:

http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/budgetbike/

The nearest LBS is Onya Bike in Tuggeranong, and that's only about 6
or 7km away on a good bike path (depending on what part of Gordon your
daughter lives in).

BTH

Old September 4th 07, 11:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

RobWoozle wrote:
Bike Shed in Phillip is "relatively" close and they are pretty good.

They're nice enough people, but I gave up on them after my 3rd visit
where they didn't have what I needed in stock (a spoke key, of all
things).

Now I go around the corner to TLC Cycles.

BTH

Old September 4th 07, 11:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

"BT Humble" wrote in message s.com...
Joseph wrote:
Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?
I have a daughter who lives in Gordon and I would like to have a bike
stationed there so that I can do a few rides when I visit.
Joseph

I live in Gordon, and you're welcome to borrow this bike next time
you're in town:

http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/budgetbike/

The nearest LBS is Onya Bike in Tuggeranong, and that's only about 6
or 7km away on a good bike path (depending on what part of Gordon your
daughter lives in).

I see the BudgetBlade is now revenue positive.

How about your weight and health?

T.
Old September 5th 07, 12:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Plodder

"Joseph" wrote in message
u...
Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from
the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?
I have a daughter who lives in Gordon and I would like to have a bike
stationed there so that I can do a few rides when I visit.
Joseph

There's a small bike shop tucked in the back of the Kambah shopping centre.
Give the small guy a go!

Cheers,

Frank

Old September 5th 07, 01:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

BT Humble wrote:
RobWoozle wrote:
Bike Shed in Phillip is "relatively" close and they are pretty good.

They're nice enough people, but I gave up on them after my 3rd visit
where they didn't have what I needed in stock (a spoke key, of all
things).

Now I go around the corner to TLC Cycles.

BTH

I'll second TLC... they have fantastic bike servicing and sponsor our
squad! ;-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old September 5th 07, 01:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Plodder wrote:
"Joseph" wrote in message
u...
Hello all
I would like to buy a mountain bike in Canberra that is not too far from
the
suburb of Gordon. Gordon is at the extreme south of the ACT. Any ideas?
I have a daughter who lives in Gordon and I would like to have a bike
stationed there so that I can do a few rides when I visit.
Joseph

There's a small bike shop tucked in the back of the Kambah shopping centre.
Give the small guy a go!

Cheers,

Frank

And there's a homebrew shop next door!