Route Advice wanted - Michigan/Ohio to Montreal

Old April 20th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ron Wallenfang

Default Route Advice wanted - Michigan/Ohio to Montreal

On Apr 18, 11:48*pm, "ZBicyclist" wrote:
I've taken Ron's route a couple of times, and 41 / 12 *isn't bad in daylight
for a male touring cyclist through southeast Chicago, and Gary.

There is a new route map through northern Indiana hehttp://www.nirpc.org/PPHome.html
I haven't tried these yet.

I agree with the above evaluation of 41/12 through south Chicago and
Lake Co. Indiana. Once you're past Gary, I think either 12 or 20 is
suitable for any experienced bicycle traveler. I reviewed the link
above and, insofar as a quicker safer through route in Lake County is
concerned, it looks to be a long way off. By way of disclosing the
basis of my views, I went through this area on long trips in 1968,
1986, 1994, and (part of it) in 2005. In addition, I lived in Gary
for 2 years during the 1960s, co-oping at US Steel while I was a
college undergraduate. I've gone from downtown Chicago to the
Indiana line as recently as 2007, incident to business trips to
Chicago.

Route advice wanted: San Francisco to Donner Pass Ron Wallenfang Rides 13 April 9th 07 04:37 AM
Route advice Darth. UK 3 May 18th 06 11:42 AM
Need route from Boston to Montreal Bill Wright Rides 2 October 27th 05 11:26 AM
wanted: cue-sheet Boston - Montreal... [email protected] Techniques 0 July 24th 05 08:01 PM
wanted: cue-sheet Boston - Montreal... [email protected] Marketplace 0 July 24th 05 08:01 PM