Buying a unicycle on a budget.

Old October 28th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Connahhh

Default Buying a unicycle on a budget.

With BI raising their prices and the concept of such an expensive
unicycle, I've decided to just go with the Nimbus. It's all I think I'll
need.

One last question regarding cranks. Many suggest the Moment upgrade.
However, are the cranks really that prone to breakage? I don't
anticipate anything bigger than a 3-4 foot drop at the absolute maximum.
Once I decide to drop bigger than that, I'll just buy a KH20. Will the
cranks be able to handle a lot of little hops, a lot of curbs, and maybe
some stairs at the biggest?

Right now I'm thinking I'll just buy the normal cranks and if they
break, upgrade. But if they're actually fragile, I might as well save
$30 or so.

The final question, are 125mm cranks a good choice? It says standard on
the unicycle. I think that makes sense, but I'd like to hear some
opinions. The other option would be the ~150mm's.

--
Connahhh
Old October 28th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Connahhh;1120808 wrote:
[...]

The Nimbus cranks will probably be OK for a while. 125mm is better for
distance or speed; 150mm is better for MUni. You can do MUni with 125mm
cranks; doing distance on a 24 with 150mm cranks is pretty painful. So
it depends on your usage.

--
tholub
Old October 28th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Connahhh

Alright, sounds good. I'll get the Nimbus w/ 125mm cranks then. Thanks
again everyone.

--
Connahhh