Updates to homebrew LED dynamo lamp page

Old November 3rd 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Updates to homebrew LED dynamo lamp page

Updates to homebrew LED dynamo lamp page.

"http://nordicgroup.us/s78/mr16LED.htm"

If you Google "Bicycle Lighting" the first hit will be my older bicycle
lighting page which has a link to the new LED page.
Old November 3rd 10, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On Nov 4, 6:32*am, SMS wrote:
Updates to homebrew LED dynamo lamp page.

"http://nordicgroup.us/s78/mr16LED.htm"

If you Google "Bicycle Lighting" the first hit will be my older bicycle
lighting page which has a link to the new LED page.

Do you mention the training benefits for cyclists interested in
racing?

I'm told Simon Gerrans (http://www.simongerrans.com/) trained with
water in his inner tubes for extra training resistance. The dynamo is
a good substitute I reckon.

JS.
Old November 3rd 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On Nov 4, 10:17*am, SMS wrote:
On 03/11/10 4:00 PM, James wrote:

On Nov 4, 6:32 am, *wrote:
Updates to homebrew LED dynamo lamp page.

"http://nordicgroup.us/s78/mr16LED.htm"

If you Google "Bicycle Lighting" the first hit will be my older bicycle
lighting page which has a link to the new LED page.

Do you mention the training benefits for cyclists interested in
racing?

LOL, I suppose that adding extra resistance would be another reason to
use dynamos, but I doubt if any racing bike would have a wheel with a
hub dynamo.

Nah, but mine has a Sanyo Dynapower!

JS.

Old November 5th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 03/11/10 4:17 PM, James wrote:
On Nov 4, 10:17 am, wrote:
On 03/11/10 4:00 PM, James wrote:

On Nov 4, 6:32 am, wrote:
Updates to homebrew LED dynamo lamp page.

"http://nordicgroup.us/s78/mr16LED.htm"

If you Google "Bicycle Lighting" the first hit will be my older bicycle
lighting page which has a link to the new LED page.

Do you mention the training benefits for cyclists interested in
racing?

LOL, I suppose that adding extra resistance would be another reason to
use dynamos, but I doubt if any racing bike would have a wheel with a
hub dynamo.

Nah, but mine has a Sanyo Dynapower!

I've got one of those in my garage somewhere. These are back in the U.S.
now too. Alas as Peter White states, they really should be only used on
steel frames. You don't want to clamp an aluminum frame with the mount.