A Lesson from Florida: It's Time for Regime Change!

Old September 8th 04, 08:27 AM
Aurawolf

Default A Lesson from Florida: It's Time for Regime Change!

Good one Mike, that is great comedy and oh so expected from you. I do
agree Bush isn't good for the enviroment but saying hurricanes are
proof that humans shouldn't live somewhere is about as dumb as saying
Elephants shouldn't live in Africa cause there isn't enough trees
around to support their population. The fact is nowhere on this earth
is without it's difficulties wither it be blizzards in the north, fires
and earthquakes on the west coast or hurricanes in florida. If you
really want you can even look at other countries such as europe and
africa where humans came from and there you deal with huge droughts and
iceages. Anyway this is pretty pointless sense you live in your own
little world of make beleive so have fun attempting to taunt more
people.

--
Aurawolf

Old September 8th 04, 11:10 AM
Stephen Baker

MV blathers:

To the Editor:

We don't have one of those around here. Or is that just to make us think
you've sent this to some erudite journal that wouldn't publish it at gunpoint?

The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places
where
humans should not live!

After all this time, and all your rhetoric, you still haven't grasped the
concept of "living with Nature", have you?
Old September 8th 04, 09:18 PM
Parallax

ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote in message ...
MV blathers:

To the Editor:

We don't have one of those around here. Or is that just to make us think
you've sent this to some erudite journal that wouldn't publish it at gunpoint?

The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places
where
humans should not live!

After all this time, and all your rhetoric, you still haven't grasped the
concept of "living with Nature", have you?

Very few real Fl natives would live on the beach, it just isnt a good
idea as it is too exposed. Furthermore, being here all the time, we
know about the effects of too much sun so we value shade more than a
sunny beach. Old crackers might have had a fishing shack near the
shore but it was not their home and was specifically designed to
withstand the weather. Such shacks were built off grade to allow
water to flow under, they had no interior wall finishing because they
were likely to flood, and I have seen a few with openings to allow the
water to drain out. When electricity became available, it was
commonly run from the ceiling because otherwise it would need
replacing when the shack flooded a little. Nobody considered
expensive furniture for such a shack, when bedding or furniture was
water saturated, it was thrown away and more was bought from a thrift
store.
Reality is, a beach house is just damn boring. How much sand and
water can you see before it all looks the same? By contrast, the salt
marsh or bay is fascinating and teeming with life, still not a
practical place to live though. Better to live nearby and be able to
go see the marsh and snorkel the bay. Sorta avoids the exposure of
waterfront property.
Old September 9th 04, 06:29 AM
ireman_1

QUOTE=Mike Vandeman]On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:14:14 GMT, "rick etter"

wrote:

..LOL So, mickey is going to vote for the billionare, that can live

way
..beyond any of ours means.
..Money he gets from a company that produces a product that has no

real
..'need', ketchup.

"Ketchup"? You are fantasizing again.

Talk about wasting energy importing and exporting around
..the world, billions of dollars worth of ketchup have to rank right

up there.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

At least know a *little* something about the people you support there
twinkles. Ever heard the name Heinz? Maybe the wife of someone who's
leg you are humping? Even with only a 4% stake in the *whole* company
(after a large sell off she profited greatly from) she certainly
profits from a company with 57 of it's 79 (72%+) plants *outside* the
country even though just over 40% of it's sales are domestic (that's a
defecit by the way). Just a thought...

K.

--
ireman_1

Old September 9th 04, 02:17 PM
Parallax

Mike Vandeman wrote in message . ..
On 8 Sep 2004 13:04:04 -0700, (Parallax) wrote:

(Stephen Baker) wrote in message ...
. MV blathers:
.
. To the Editor:
.
. We don't have one of those around here. Or is that just to make us think
. you've sent this to some erudite journal that wouldn't publish it at gunpoint?
.
. The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places
. where
. humans should not live!
.
. After all this time, and all your rhetoric, you still haven't grasped the
. concept of "living with Nature", have you?
.
.Nobody can live in Florida without massive outside aid? My family has
.been in Florida since the 1840s and has never required any outside
.aid. Before the War tween the States, they raised cattle they sent up
.north, after the war, they first raised citrus and then strawberries.
.In this century, I sell x-ray equipment all over the world from
.Tallahassee, FL. However, none of my people has ever lived on the
.beach, we have better sense. Beach homes are for foolish yankees.

They have NEVER received federal aid for disaster relief? Oranges frozen?
Flooding? Unlikely.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Yes, Mike, I mean NEVER. Federal aid was not available in the 1880s.
Never needed any aid in this century and do not expect any as I am not
foolish enough to live on the beach or in a low area.
Old September 9th 04, 02:30 PM
di

They have NEVER received federal aid for disaster relief? Oranges frozen?
Flooding? Unlikely.

Phd's with worthless degrees are the experts at getting federal aid
(sometime called Research Grants), so why are you complaining about
someone's frozen Oranges in Florida? I would bet you have received a few
yourself or at least applied for a grant or two.

Old September 9th 04, 02:56 PM
TLF

yet more democrat BS.... there seems to be alot of that from them....

W 04

--
TLF

Old September 9th 04, 04:54 PM
S o r n i

di wrote:
They have NEVER received federal aid for disaster relief? Oranges
frozen? Flooding? Unlikely.

Phd's with worthless degrees are the experts at getting federal aid
(sometime called Research Grants), so why are you complaining about
someone's frozen Oranges in Florida? I would bet you have received
a few yourself or at least applied for a grant or two.

Mikey is /currently/ seeking federal aid.

{pause}

Seems he's got shriveled grapes.

Bill "and he's nuts, so matched set" S.