How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

Old January 21st 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Carl Sundquist

Default How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

Billzz wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
et...
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

http://www.automotivehistoryonline.c...niCountach.htm

still has the power of 'auto-erection' over me......g
To me, the page you referce is like a photomontage of evolution of a car
from merely unattractive to heinous IMHO. Diff'rent strokes, I guess...

I prefer the original too - the later ones in skirts don't do it for me,
but I know they're there to cover the huge rubber bits. The
original/prototype is at least interesting, if not actually attractive.

Just passing by. Used to be interested in cars. Owned XK-140 and E-Type
Jaguars. Raced once at Laguna Seca. The history of this one is unique...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini

Lamborghini is not the only one dismissed by Enzo Ferrari to see it come
back in spades. He was approached by Henry Ford II (when Ferrari was in
money trouble, which they always were) and dismissed any Ford investment.
So Ford built the GT-40s and won at LeMans, over Ferrari, 1,2,3. Ford could
probably still be winning at LeMans, but they thought they had proved the
point.

Lamborghini is now turning out the most audacious cars (The Reventon - about
a million dollars) and just to stick it to Ferrari. The old men are now
gone, but the feud continues. It's like an Italian Mafia family feud. But,
it is producing some fabulous collector cars. I was in the showroom, in
Dallas, and they were showing the only Countach, in Dallas, and I heard the
words, from a salesman to a customer, that I had heard in Europe, "It's not
just a car, it's a work of art!" And inside of me, I wanted to give the
salesman a high-five. That's it. You are not buying an Italian car, like a
Fiat, at this level. You are buying a piece of art. Buy a Fiat, you get a
car, and a bad investment. Buy a Lamborghini and you won't lose money, and
it could be in a museum. In fact Malcolm Forbes "money-green" Countach is
in a museum, in Sacramento, California, still worth enough, in ticket sales,
that they won't sell it

Right, it's in a museum. If you actually wanted to drive it as a daily
driver, you get a car and it's a bad investment.