There *is* a race going on... (TdS)

Old June 15th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Vagina Gorilla

Default There *is* a race going on... (TdS)

On Jun 15, 8:26*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 15, 4:20*am, birdbrain wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfpprrRycc

What a road! *Thanks for posting that.

I'd feel a lot better if Jobst was in that video.
Old June 16th 11, 10:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jun 14, 6:17*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
OK, we had one of the most-incredible climbs & descents ever (the Grosse
Scheidegg) and at the very least puzzling performance(?) by the only
person many think could challenge AC at the TdF, and nobody here cares?
Did I miss the charter requirement that every post has to somehow be
relevant to a discussion of Lance Armstrong?

If we remove from RBR all posts from either BL, his proxies, and anyone
he might consider a Lance Fanboy, this place gets pretty thin.

NOBODY watched today's stage and thought WOW, I would love to go ride
that? Or, what sort of nutcase (oh crap, I was trying to keep this
LA-free) designs a finish like that? Or how did Paul & Bob Roll screw up
on who crashed (not Sagan)? Or how can Andy hope to win the TdF if he
doesn't feel comfortable descending with the best, preferring to sit off
the back a bit on the descents?

--Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Actually, I want to ride up the Kleine Scheidegg, because it's smaller
and that's where there are the telescopes to watch the climbers on the
Eiger North Face.

-ilan
Old June 16th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

After watching the racing, I'm slightly revising my opinion of the
chaotic riding style I've seen on Swiss rides -- it appears that the
local terrain encourages it, as seen in the Tour de Suisse chaotic
finishes.

Since I can't climb at all, I'm going to find Urs Freuler's training
routes http://www.ursfreuler.ch/site/index.php?id=21

-ilan