Last Child in the Woods -- Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

Old December 17th 06, 10:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

Default Last Child in the Woods -- Saving Our Children from Nature-DeficitDisorder

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:01:07 -0800, cc wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:47:13 -0800, cc wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:06:44 -0800, cc wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:56:39 GMT, "Roberto Baggio"
wrote:

Buses.

They take up the whole lane, come far too close with little regard, and spew
huge amounts of black exhaust that is not just choking, but often makes
visibility very bad. In the dark and/or rain, it is even worse.

But what would you know. You're probably one of the bus riders.
I bike and bus. Our buses are MUCH cleaner than that.
My impression of
Canada is that their environmental legislation is WAY behind ours.
You're so awesome at providing
uninformed, biased opinion!
You're amazing! All you had to
do to provide some credibility
to that statement (or figure
out if you were putting your
foot in your mouth) was to a
do a couple google searches,
but even that is too much for
you . . . the more baseless,
the better for MJV.
The government looks the other way when mountain bikers build their
own illegal trails and structures in the pulic forest. QED
Uh, Mike . . you live in the Bay Area. You are a stone's throw from a
plethora of "stunts" and other built-up features on trail systems I've
ridden.
Where? Or are you LYING again?

I have no incentive to lie
here, Mikie. I also have no
incentive to tell you, should
you get a bug up your ass to
try and get them torn down.

Just like a mountain biker! As dishonest as the day is long.

Mike, even if I told you where
they were, you would ask for
pictures . . you are such a
fool. Read further down the
message, DAGS, and find the
pictures for yourself.

read recently about your
activity as an ecoterrorist .

What are you talking about? Your vagueness is a good indicator of your
dishonesty.

You're so full of ****, and
you know exactly what I'm
talking about.

. tsk tsk. I thought your
instrument of change was
education? Looks like you've
been lying again...

There have been plenty of
other pics floating around of
stunts built on public land,
those on spudhucksters' site,
for example, so don't just
take my word for it.

cc

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old December 18th 06, 06:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej

On Dec 17, 1:06 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Just like a mountain biker! As dishonest as the day is long.

So... we northern-hemispherian mountain bikers get more honest in the
winter is what you're saying.

-Beej