I thought I was a True Cyclist (tm)

Old May 17th 05, 01:28 PM
audrey

Default I thought I was a True Cyclist (tm)

Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
aboard.
Old May 17th 05, 01:54 PM
Graham Dean

"audrey" wrote in message
Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
aboard.

In a related note - in the back end of 2003 I was getting out on my MTB
quite a bit in preparation for a ride across
Nepal. Whilst pottering about the high street I noticed an exceptionally
pretty girl riding past on a bike - my thoughts as she passed? "Hmm - nice
forks"... perhaps it can get a bit obsessive...

Graham

Old May 17th 05, 02:08 PM
wafflycat

"audrey" wrote in message
Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
aboard.

One only becomes a True Cyclist once one has fallen and acquired a liberal
smattering of festering road rash on their personage.

Cheers, helen s

Old May 17th 05, 05:31 PM
David Hansen

On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:53 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Graham
Dean" wrote this:-

In a related note - in the back end of 2003 I was getting out on my MTB
quite a bit in preparation for a ride across
Nepal. Whilst pottering about the high street I noticed an exceptionally
pretty girl riding past on a bike - my thoughts as she passed? "Hmm - nice
forks"... perhaps it can get a bit obsessive...

An obsessive person would not notice the appearance of a rider.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old May 17th 05, 05:46 PM
MSA

wafflycat wrote:

"audrey" wrote in message

Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
aboard.

One only becomes a True Cyclist once one has fallen and acquired a
liberal smattering of festering road rash on their personage.

Cheers, helen s

I have some road rash scars to be proud of following 2 crashes at the
latter part of 2004, but I still notice a female on a bike, albeit
second to the make and model of what's between her legs (no pun intended).

Guess I must try harder. Guess I wont succeed. Guess I won't be too
bothered :-)

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

True [email protected] Techniques 0 May 12th 05 12:42 PM
Cyclist killed, driver cited for going too fast John General 45 October 19th 04 05:13 AM
The word is out: It's over. packfiller Racing 3 October 15th 04 06:22 PM
L.A. Confidential Excerpt 'Dis Guy Racing 3 October 10th 04 05:31 AM
Southampton cyclist crackdown Tony Raven UK 138 November 16th 03 03:12 PM