diabetes australia brisbane to gold coast cycling challenge

Old September 5th 06, 02:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

Default diabetes australia brisbane to gold coast cycling challenge

anyone else going to be doing this next month?

would be nice to have a group of us ride down and perhaps even ride
back from it... have a chat because theres not that much to see on the
way down or on the way back :P

--
asterope

Old September 5th 06, 04:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

asterope wrote:
anyone else going to be doing this next month?

would be nice to have a group of us ride down and perhaps even ride
back from it... have a chat because theres not that much to see on the
way down or on the way back :P

--
asterope

I'm pretty keen, but am baulking at the cost (around $50, isn't it??).

Maybe we should organise a Bne-Gold Coast (and return) LA ride!!

Abby

Old September 5th 06, 05:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman

Absent Husband Wrote:

Maybe we should organise a Bne-Gold Coast (and return) LA ride!!

Abby

Sterling idea. But I'm sure we can come up with a better [read safer]
and more picturesque route. Perhaps the tambourine mountain loop, or
out to dayboro and back in through redcliffe.

Lets work up a plan at the next LA ride (if that ever happens again all
you slack b@@tards)

--
monsterman

Old September 6th 06, 03:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

yeah, it is a bit exy ($60) but i figure its a good cause and very
relevant to me... my dads a diabetic and one of my closests friends dad
has had multiple operations over the past 3 months due to the effects of
diabetes (they amputated his leg)...
id also like to maybe do some research in the field when i graduate...

but i do wish all those little kids with type 2 diabetes would just
stop eating **** and stop being so f*cking fat...

anyhoo, if anyone is going to be doing it, let me know... im planning
to do the whole return trip (200km)

--
asterope

Old September 6th 06, 05:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
asterope wrote:

yeah, it is a bit exy ($60) but i figure its a good cause and very
relevant to me... my dads a diabetic and one of my closests friends

dad
has had multiple operations over the past 3 months due to the effects

of
diabetes (they amputated his leg)...
id also like to maybe do some research in the field when i

graduate...

but i do wish all those little kids with type 2 diabetes would just
stop eating **** and stop being so f*cking fat...

anyhoo, if anyone is going to be doing it, let me know... im planning
to do the whole return trip (200km)

--
asterope

what's the date?

sunday 15th october

--
asterope

Old September 7th 06, 01:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

asterope Wrote:
but i do wish all those little kids with type 2 diabetes would just stop
eating **** and stop being so f*cking fat...

I know it's a serious subject but you seriously crack me up!

LH

--
LotteBum

Old September 7th 06, 02:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

LotteBum wrote:

asterope Wrote:
but i do wish all those little kids with type 2 diabetes would just stop
eating **** and stop being so f*cking fat...

I know it's a serious subject but you seriously crack me up!

Hehehe, I concur. With both of you. Although if we're
talking about little kids, I reckon we should go bash their
parents. Bigger kids we should just slap them and steal
their Mars Bars. Mmmmmm Mars Bar...

Tam
Old September 7th 06, 02:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

--
asterope

Old September 7th 06, 12:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

"Tamyka Bell" wrote

Hehehe, I concur. With both of you. Although if we're
talking about little kids, I reckon we should go bash their
parents. Bigger kids we should just slap them and steal
their Mars Bars. Mmmmmm Mars Bar...

I got a call from the Red Cross at 8pm last night. "Could you please
be here at 8 Thursday morning, we have an emergency" (hopefully it
wasn't a cyclist). When I got there the place was packed with fellow
bleeders. I think someone was in serious trouble. As a reward for
turning up they gave a me a bag of chocolate hearts and a Mars bar.
:-)

Theo