Choose your metaphor

Old April 12th 18, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Choose your metaphor

From the sublime to the ridiculous
or
Best thing since sliced bread

https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/09...ord-groupsets/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 12th 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/12/2018 3:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:
From the sublime to the ridiculous
or
Best thing since sliced bread

https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/09...ord-groupsets/

yawn Still just integer steps between gears, like everybody else.

Let me know when they develop cogs with non-integer numbers of teeth.
Only then will the ratios be close enough. Sometimes you really want
that 11.5 tooth cog!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 12th 18, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Frank Krygowski wrote:
: From the sublime to the ridiculous
:
: https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/09...ord-groupsets/

:yawn Still just integer steps between gears, like everybody else.

:Let me know when they develop cogs with non-integer numbers of teeth.
:Only then will the ratios be close enough. Sometimes you really want
:that 11.5 tooth cog!

Abut a decade behind...
http://www.nuvincicycling.com/en/products/nfinity.html

--
sig 8
Old April 13th 18, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

David Scheidt wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
:On 4/12/2018 3:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:
: From the sublime to the ridiculous
: or
: Best thing since sliced bread
:
: https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/09...ord-groupsets/

:yawn Still just integer steps between gears, like everybody else.

:Let me know when they develop cogs with non-integer numbers of teeth.
:Only then will the ratios be close enough. Sometimes you really want
:that 11.5 tooth cog!

Abut a decade behind...
http://www.nuvincicycling.com/en/products/nfinity.html

Actually, 1/12 microstepping guarantees smoother shift starts than integer
steps, but works more crispier, less sluggish than a slacker NuVinci!

Here is the exclusive LEAKED preview of next season's (they'll skip the
dreaded #13) new Campagnolo Racing Record gruppo gear indicator:
https://www.poljot24.de/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/a/racingweiss1.jpg
Old April 13th 18, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/12/2018 6:20 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
:On 4/12/2018 3:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:
: From the sublime to the ridiculous
: or
: Best thing since sliced bread
:
: https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/09...ord-groupsets/

:yawn Still just integer steps between gears, like everybody else.

:Let me know when they develop cogs with non-integer numbers of teeth.
:Only then will the ratios be close enough. Sometimes you really want
:that 11.5 tooth cog!

Abut a decade behind...
http://www.nuvincicycling.com/en/products/nfinity.html

Good point. I've known about NuVinci for quite a while.

Based on the operating principle, it seems to me the NuVinci would be
draggy, and online comments hint that it is. This site
https://www.cyclingabout.com/speed-d...arbox-systems/
claims only 83.5% efficiency (although I don't see the NuVinci curve in
their graph). 83.5% is really low.

Has anyone here ridden one?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 13th 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

: Frank Krygowski wrote:
: :On 4/12/2018 3:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:
: : From the sublime to the ridiculous
: : or
: : Best thing since sliced bread
: :
[...]

Once, on a heavy cargo bike, with a passenger. I couldn't tell if the
their was an efficency issue, or just the "I'm riding a 500 pound
bike!" problem.

--
sig 48

Which would you choose? Which would Bruce choose? ronaldo_jeremiah Racing 6 October 4th 10 09:23 AM
This metaphor must die!!!!! RonSonic Racing 12 March 22nd 08 05:38 PM
what would you choose? lowkey General 18 October 2nd 05 06:23 AM
Help me choose... Coyoteboy Mountain Biking 9 September 30th 05 02:47 PM
help me choose Mart Mountain Biking 6 February 2nd 04 12:17 PM