A long time ago...

Old March 19th 07, 09:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default A long time ago...

....in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up..._32_146356.jpg

JD

Old March 20th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
NotaKnob

On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:
...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

Old March 20th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Mar 20, 12:12 am, "NotaKnob" wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:

...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

Old March 21st 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:

...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

Yes, it was Joe Murray. He sloped Konas first, I think and then did
the VooDoo thing. He's still into the VooDoo thing as well as many
others, including Dahon.

JD

Old March 21st 07, 03:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:

...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

Yes, it was Joe Murray. He sloped Konas first, I think and then did
the VooDoo thing. He's still into the VooDoo thing as well as many
others, including Dahon.

JD- Hide quoted text -

Joe's with Shi*mano, too, you know. Part of their dev group. Anyway,
that ol' gleaming pearl-white Giant top tube is one of the most
frightening things I can recollect. I have never respected/feared
anything more in my life. It was always there, a presence, looming,
waiting....

Picked up a Dahon Boardwalk 8 for my pops a couple years ago. Natch,
the handling is squirrelly compared to what I'm accustomed to, but a
smart package, esp for the money. And if my dad (who couldn't tell you
which side of a hammer is up) is able to fold it down and snap it back
together without so much as shearing off half a finger, Murray et al
are doing a commendable job.

BTW: hold onto that Trek. It might be worth $1300 some day:

http://bikestoponline.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1078

/s

Long time listener, first time caller Jim Recumbent Biking 0 March 2nd 07 12:57 PM
RR: Been A Long Time. Bill Wheeler Mountain Biking 6 August 17th 06 01:03 AM
Returning after a long time Tony Wright UK 17 May 3rd 06 03:59 PM
Long time, no see TomW Mountain Biking 5 September 12th 05 10:07 AM
Long Time Listener, First Time Caller Allen Wittman Unicycling 13 April 2nd 04 07:54 AM