Warning Outlaw Bicycles, Danbury CT

Old March 31st 04, 04:09 PM
MikeYankee

Default Warning Outlaw Bicycles, Danbury CT

"Outlaw Bicycles" is aptly named.

In February I bought an Axial Pro tire from Rich at Outlaw Bicycles via
rec.bicycles.marketplace. They never sent the tire, but cashed my check
promptly enough. All my follow-up E-mails have gone unanswered.

Caveat emptor.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers.
To reply, delete everything after "com".)
Old March 31st 04, 07:55 PM
JimLane

MikeYankee wrote:
"Outlaw Bicycles" is aptly named.

In February I bought an Axial Pro tire from Rich at Outlaw Bicycles via
rec.bicycles.marketplace. They never sent the tire, but cashed my check
promptly enough. All my follow-up E-mails have gone unanswered.

Caveat emptor.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers.
To reply, delete everything after "com".)

Not in reply specifically to you, but would anyone here buy car repairs
done at Fly by Nite garage?

jim
Old March 31st 04, 08:05 PM
Rick Onanian

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:55:24 -0800, JimLane
wrote:
MikeYankee wrote:
"Outlaw Bicycles" is aptly named.

Not in reply specifically to you, but would anyone here buy car repairs
done at Fly by Nite garage?

People in Rhode Island would. See also Hazard's Auto Body and
Crook's Garage:
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...20body&T=&S=RI
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...garage&T=&S=RI

Both places continue to exist, so one can assume they get enough
customers to stay in business.
--
Rick Onanian
Old April 1st 04, 02:45 AM
VCopelan

(MikeYankee) Writes:

"Outlaw Bicycles" is aptly named.

In February I bought an Axial Pro tire from Rich at Outlaw Bicycles via
rec.bicycles.marketplace. They never sent the tire, but cashed my check
promptly enough. All my follow-up E-mails have gone unanswered.

Caveat emptor.

I purchased a Campy Record front hub w/skewer from Outlaw Bicycles. The only
problem is the skewer Campy Chorus. Rich e-mailed me saying he was sorry and
agreed to sell me a set of cleat at his cost. Then he stopped responding to
any of my e-mails. Yes, Outlaw Bicycles is aptly named. And Rich is a flake.

Old April 1st 04, 04:12 AM
JimLane

wrote:

MikeYankee wrote:

"Outlaw Bicycles" is aptly named.

Not in reply specifically to you, but would anyone here buy car repairs
done at Fly by Nite garage?

People in Rhode Island would. See also Hazard's Auto Body and
Crook's Garage:
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...20body&T=&S=RI
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...garage&T=&S=RI

Both places continue to exist, so one can assume they get enough
customers to stay in business.
--
Rick Onanian

And, apparently, sometimes they are telling the truth rather than being
tongue-in-cheek, eh?

jim
Old April 1st 04, 01:45 PM
Rick Onanian

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:12:59 -0800, JimLane
wrote:
Rick Onanian wrote:
People in Rhode Island would. See also Hazard's Auto Body and
Crook's Garage:
Both places continue to exist, so one can assume they get enough
customers to stay in business.

And, apparently, sometimes they are telling the truth rather than being
tongue-in-cheek, eh?

To be fair to them, I have never dealt with either of them, nor do I
know anybody who has, so I have no idea if they're good or if
they're any sort of problem. They're probably as good as their
competitors.
--
Rick Onanian