Penny rocks, again!!!

Old June 27th 03, 06:16 PM
JD

Default Penny rocks, again!!!

"Pete" wrote in message ...
"ClydesdaleMTB" wrote in message
I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered)
from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last
year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for alterations. All
I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
stuffed sausage.

http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes...ko-jersey1.jpg
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes...ko-jersey2.jpg
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes...ko-jersey3.jpg

Sorry, but that is one scary looking cop.

Not even. He looks like a big teddy bear.

JD
Old June 27th 03, 06:23 PM
Sorni

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
The Ogre says:

I've had the oposite problem lately,
due to excessive cycling my wasteline has shrunk so much that I'm
having to buy a new wardrobe.

I'm keeping the balance for you.
Gained 10 lbs since I stopped smoking, and still going up.

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

Bill "nothing to do with popcorn w/pound of butter" S.

Old June 27th 03, 06:32 PM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

6 weeks smoke-free, and I'm a manatee, but I'm growing daily. I _have_ managed
to switch from Twix's to TicTacs as a substitute, but it's not helping much.
Riding in this qweather, however, should maske a difference (90F, 70%RH and
rising)
;-)

Steve reckons he'll deal with the smoking first, THEN worry about the
weight....
Old June 27th 03, 06:57 PM
Sorni

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Sorni says:

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

6 weeks smoke-free, and I'm a manatee, but I'm growing daily. I _have_

managed
to switch from Twix's to TicTacs as a substitute, but it's not helping

much.

Dammit, Steve! I'm off to Costco in a bit, and if I come home with Twix's
you're in Twouble!

Bill "pretty good at resisting sweets (up to today, that is), but salty snax
'nother story" S.

Old June 27th 03, 07:00 PM
Penny S.

Sorni thoughtfully penned:
"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Sorni says:

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

6 weeks smoke-free, and I'm a manatee, but I'm growing daily. I
_have_ managed to switch from Twix's to TicTacs as a substitute, but
it's not helping much.

Dammit, Steve! I'm off to Costco in a bit, and if I come home with
Twix's you're in Twouble!

Bill "pretty good at resisting sweets (up to today, that is), but
salty snax 'nother story" S.

fat free fudgesickles. And Rice cakes..

Old June 29th 03, 08:56 PM
Gyp

Sorni wrote:
I've had the oposite problem lately,
due to excessive cycling my wasteline has shrunk so much that I'm
having to buy a new wardrobe.

I'm keeping the balance for you.
Gained 10 lbs since I stopped smoking, and still going up.

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds PTQ
(lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well. Although it
must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it starts to go back
on again.

Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs now..

Gyp

Old June 30th 03, 03:05 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Gyp wrote in message
Sorni wrote:
I've had the oposite problem lately,
due to excessive cycling my wasteline has shrunk so much that I'm
having to buy a new wardrobe.

I'm keeping the balance for you.
Gained 10 lbs since I stopped smoking, and still going up.

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds PTQ
(lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well. Although it
must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it starts to go back
on again.

Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs now..

Gyp

Kath has just started on Dr. Atkins' diet. She's having a rather difficult
time of it - she's a vegetarian, heheheh.......

Shaun aRe - 'Stay off the carbs, but eat all the meat you want' - FFS!

Old June 30th 03, 08:34 PM
Gyp

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds PTQ
(lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well. Although it
must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it starts to go back
on again.

Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs now..

Gyp

Kath has just started on Dr. Atkins' diet. She's having a rather difficult
time of it - she's a vegetarian, heheheh.......

Chuckle, Mmm lets see thats Tofu and Cheese.. I think I'd last about a
day on that diet.. It must be said that it isn't a very vegie friendly
diet. but if you are a carnivore like myself.

I enjoy a good blue/rare steak where I rip it apart with my teeth and
can feel the blood run down my face..Yum

Of course it could just be me..

Chuckle
Gyp. (Now where did I but that other half a cow)...

Old June 30th 03, 08:40 PM
Penny S.

Gyp thoughtfully penned:
Shaun Rimmer wrote:
[...]

I used to be a vegetarian, but then having access to really good range fed
Wyoming beef changed all that. I just ordered a side of organic range fed
for this fall for my deep freeze.

penny

Old June 30th 03, 09:24 PM
Bob M

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:40:02 -0700, Penny S.
wrote:

Gyp thoughtfully penned:
Shaun Rimmer wrote:
[...]

Where can you do that? I always thought that "free range beef" was BS.
However, I bought some ground meat from free range beef and it is by far
better than the normal stuff -- there's no "brown stuff" created when
cooking it and not much fat, either. It doesn't even need draining. I'd
definitely go for a side of beef.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply