Do Moments strip easily?

Old December 31st 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Default Do Moments strip easily?

Any product will be ruined by incompetence.

When tightening bolts and pedals, go slow and don't use excessive
strength. If you have to use force to get anywhere, chances are that
something is wrong and you should stop. Use quality tools and fresh
Allen keys.

Maintain your cranks by checking for looseness before every ride and
grease them occasionally.

There is no excuse (besides having a defect) to ruin a crank. Some are
more susceptible, so be more careful.

To answer your question, moments will strip easily in the care of a
moron who cross threads, etc. They will last ages for someone who knows
his stuff.

--
Danni
Old December 31st 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Danni;1161273 wrote:

To answer your question, moments will strip easily in the care of a
moron who cross threads, etc. They will last ages for someone who knows
his stuff.

Danni,

If I do these things, I should be good, right?

1. Make sure right pedal is on right crank, left on left.
2. Make sure frame and seat are pointing the right way. (So I'm not
riding backwards all the time)
3. Don't overtighten them. When it's hard to go any farther, your
good.
4. Unscrew them and grease them every few months.

Anything else.

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 31st 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

hungry4uni;1161279 wrote:
Danni,

If I do these things, I should be good, right?

1. Make sure right pedal is on right crank, left on left.
2. Make sure frame and seat are pointing the right way. (So I'm not
riding backwards all the time)
3. Don't overtighten them. When it's hard to go any farther, your
good.
4. Unscrew them and grease them every few months.

Anything else.

That should be it.

And don't change your pedals 3 times a week, it will screw the thread
with time.

--
Emile.m

Team UDC Canada
visit www.municycle.ca

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y (hum, 07/08 winter footage
only)
Old January 1st 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

The grease in pedal threads is there to lube the threads during
installation, and to fill the space to exclude water. Don't remove your
pedal unless you need to. Every time you tighten and loosen threads,
there is some stress on the metal. Even the best metal fails if you keep
tightening and loosening the threads enough times.

To install a pedal in a moment crank, grease the treads (my KH 20 came
with the pedals separate, and a dab of grease in the crank's pedal
threads) , put the pedals in good and tight, then leave them there until
you really need to remove them. Parts deform together when you tighten
them, and if greased before assembly, should be left alone.

--
feel the light