chainring help

Old July 26th 03, 01:28 PM
ren

Default chainring help

I have a Trek 6500. I need to replace the chainring. Where can I get
compatibility info? Do you have any opinions of LX versus Vuelta SE?
And can I use the old Bontrager crank that came with the bike with a
new chainring? I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm learning and I
have to increase my learning curve exponentially before I do this. I
have had a few bad experiences with LBS's so I want to know the facts
before I go back into the trenches.

Thanks,
Ren
Old July 26th 03, 06:05 PM
Matthew Paterson

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:28:34 +0000, ren wrote:

I have a Trek 6500. I need to replace the chainring.

Which chainring? Inner, middle, outer?

Where can I get compatibility info?

What crankset is it?

Do you have any opinions of LX versus Vuelta SE?

I would say LX is better.

And can I use the old Bontrager crank that came with the bike with a new
chainring?

Dont see why not.

I have no idea what I'm doing,

Hehe, thats always a good start