New Manitou Black Comp 100-120mm..

Old July 26th 03, 01:42 AM
Edwards

Default New Manitou Black Comp 100-120mm..

...just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from
Supergo. Couldn't pass up the low price for a new long travel cross country
fork. Any comments ?

BTW- Selling my old cross country fork(which is still perfectly functional)
2000 Sid dual Air. Black in color with lockout. Normal cable scuffs etc.
Anyone interested? best offer.

Old July 26th 03, 01:47 AM
David Bailey

Edwards wrote in message
..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from
Supergo. Couldn't pass up the low price for a new long travel cross

country
fork. Any comments ?

BTW- Selling my old cross country fork(which is still perfectly

functional)
2000 Sid dual Air. Black in color with lockout. Normal cable scuffs etc.
Anyone interested? best offer.

oil in right leg coil spring in left, cab be upgraded to TPC plus damping or
a lock out.

Old July 26th 03, 02:38 AM
James Messick

"Edwards" wrote in message
..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from
Supergo. Couldn't pass up the low price for a new long travel cross

country
fork. Any comments ?

Yes. You should ask before you buy.

Old July 26th 03, 11:45 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:42:53 GMT, "Edwards"
wrote:

..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from
Supergo. Couldn't pass up the low price for a new long travel cross country
fork. Any comments ?

It was selling for that price for a reason.

#1.) The Black has turned out to be such a wonderful fork that a
certain bike manufacturer is sending out Marzocchi Z1-FR's, for free,
to replace the Blacks that were installed by the factory.

#2.) I personally witnessed the line of less than happy Black owners
waiting for rebuilds at the Manitou tech truck, at last year's Pedros
fest.

You bought a $219 fork. If it works out for you, great! If your
Black turns out like so many others, at least you only paid $219 for
it.

Barry

Old July 26th 03, 10:53 PM
Edwards

Pay no attention to this fool. I have all the confidence in the world in
Manitou. They have been making kick ass suspension forks for a long time.
They aren't all of a sudden going to put a POS fork on the market..TRUST ME
on this-

1) This fork is selling at that pricepoint because most all forks go on sale
at season end to make room for next years' model.

2) I have read many positive reviews(mtbreview.com) on this fork and very,
very few unfavorable ones.... and those (poor reviews)usually regard the
plastic knob on the top of the fork leg. Or are posted by some 200 plus
pound hucker who needs a true DH fork...so there ya have it

I really just want to sell my SID...hehe

"Chris" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." Keep it in the kyou

wrote
in message ...

It was selling for that price for a reason.

#1.) The Black has turned out to be such a wonderful fork that a

#2.) I personally witnessed the line of less than happy Black owners
waiting for rebuilds at the Manitou tech truck, at last year's Pedros
fest.

I hear things now and again about massive Black failures, but never

anything
specific. Is this limited to the Sport/Comp models, or are all of the
Blacks susceptible? Is there a link with a lot of detail you could

provide?

I love my Black Elite ('02, 80/100) and if I need to pull it apart now to
make it last I want to know.

Chris