Anyone else taking great joy the thought of Cavendish in the broomwagon?

Old July 11th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bug

Default Anyone else taking great joy the thought of Cavendish in the broomwagon?

The little ******* was pretty cocky in his post race interviews. Now
he is out of the green jersey and soon might be out of the race.

Old July 11th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jan

Bug wrote:
The little ******* was pretty cocky in his post race interviews.

Disagree, He's not cocky, he's actually quite humble.

Now
he is out of the green jersey and soon might be out of the race.

Why should he leave the race? There's plenty of time to regain the jersey.

Jan

Old July 11th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bug

Why should he leave the race? There's plenty of time to regain the jersey.

Jan

He can be forced to leave the race if he doesn't make the time
limit.

They have to keep the last little shred of dignity for the race now
that doping is openly tolerated.

It's essential that this year's tour is 'clean' at least as far as the
public is allowed to know.
Old July 11th 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 11, 7:29*pm, Bug wrote:
Why should he leave the race? There's plenty of time to regain the jersey.

Jan

He can be forced to leave the race if he doesn't make the time
limit.

They have to keep the last little shred of dignity for the race now
that doping is openly tolerated.

It's essential that this year's tour is 'clean' at least as far as the
public is allowed to know.

He made today's time cut by 20 minutes. He's actually a pretty good
climber, for a sprinter that is.

-ilan
Old July 11th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Bug" wrote in message
The little ******* was pretty cocky in his post race interviews. Now
he is out of the green jersey and soon might be out of the race.

Milan San Remo showed us that Cavendish can do what he has to do. Don't look
for him in the broom wagon anytime soon. Besides, my son has a signed poster
from Cav (from last September's Interbike show) where he promised to deliver
the Green in Paris.

Meantime, go Thor!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 11th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 13:26:02 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

"Bug" wrote in message
The little ******* was pretty cocky in his post race interviews. Now
he is out of the green jersey and soon might be out of the race.

Milan San Remo showed us that Cavendish can do what he has to do. Don't look
for him in the broom wagon anytime soon. Besides, my son has a signed poster
from Cav (from last September's Interbike show) where he promised to deliver
the Green in Paris.

Meantime, go Thor!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

The Pro racers I've seen are almost to a man, low-key, even humble in
public interviews. Imagine how psyched you'd get winning a dangerous
sprint in among elite athletes. I think a little high spirits is quite
in order for such men, if not entirely forgivable, easy to understand.

We should salute their gallantry and their panache.
Old July 11th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K S

Cav owned everyone in 3 sprints already (2 stage wins and getting 3rd
on another stage behind 2 breakaway survivors). He good enough to be
slightly cocky.
Old July 11th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jul 11, 1:53*pm, wrote:

The Pro racers I've seen are almost to a man, low-key, even humble in
public interviews. Imagine how psyched you'd get winning a dangerous
sprint in among elite athletes. I think a little high spirits is quite
in order for such men, if not entirely forgivable, easy to understand.

We should salute their gallantry and their panache.

Dumbass -

There are a few that were cocky *******s.

Cippollini: "Not only am I the fastest sprinter in the world, I am
also the best looking"
LemonD: "No American is talented enough to win the TdF without drugs
besides me"
Ricco: "I even impressed myself with the explosiveness of my attack"

Ricco ended up getting busted the next day for testing positive and
his team pulled out of the Tour. LemonD has gone on an endless trail
of ridiculous behavior, epitomizing the notion of retiring
"ungracefully". Cippollini spent all his money and spent two weeks
riding for Rock Racing.

I agree with you about the majority of the racers and to me Cavendish
seems to be reasonably well grounded, especially considering the
amount of success he has had in such a short period of time. I hope he
smashes all of Cipo's sprint records.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old July 11th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
KG wrote:

On Jul 11, 1:53*pm, wrote:

[...]

I don't care for Caendish much but he does give his team mates credit for their
work at setting him up for those wins. That's something I never (or rarely, at best)
saw McEwen do.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old July 12th 09, 07:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
KG wrote:

On Jul 11, 1:53*pm, wrote:

[...]

Agree on 2 and 3, and Cipo hasn't done very well at managing his money,
but for a time he really was the fastest and prettiest sprinter on the
planet.

Oh come on! You don't have to be gay to see that,

Cavendish Andre Racing 33 February 22nd 09 06:33 PM
Cavendish Michael Press Racing 0 February 21st 09 11:05 PM
Ban Cavendish Bill C Racing 58 July 23rd 08 02:30 PM
Cavendish again Dan Gregory UK 0 May 26th 07 05:50 PM
Cavendish again! Dan Gregory UK 0 May 22nd 07 05:41 PM