rebranding equipment...

Old March 4th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cicero Venatio

Default rebranding equipment...

As the dollar drops, and the price of equipment rises, I see cyclists
buying more and more equipment from frames to shifters that are branded
Nashbar. But I also see them, in their shame, do some real clumsy
attempts to hide the nashbar logo on their equipment. Now a real man,
could care less, and sport the Nashbar logo with pride, noting it's not
the bike, but the man that is important. But in this new world of
fakes, frauds and poseurs, it is the brand of the shifter or the frame
that counts. I've even seen these poseurs even refuse to drink a store
branded soft drink, just because it wasn't a "Coke" or a "Pespsi." Has
madison avenue made everyone just incredibly shallow?
Old March 4th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Oh look at all the posers. Those that buy kit that advertises for
others. WTF? Are people so needy they must belong to a group? Really
advertising a pro team has long term benefits. Look at all the old
7-11, Postal, Motorola and so on you still see riders and fans
wearing. Worst yet are small local clubs that require members to buy
their own kit that advertises for the teams sponsors. This is so
wrong. Riders pay to pretend they look like dopers.
Old March 5th 10, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 4, 12:02*pm, "
wrote:

Oh look at all the posers. *Those that buy kit that advertises for
others. *WTF? *Are people so needy they must belong to a group? Really
advertising a pro team has long term benefits. *Look at all the old
7-11, Postal, Motorola and so on you still see riders and fans
wearing. Worst yet are small local clubs that require members to buy
their own kit that advertises for the teams sponsors. *This is so
wrong. *Riders pay to pretend they look like dopers.

dumbass,

where do you rank the rock racings - where the racers ride escalades
to the races (and get shaken down by the mexican cops) meanwhile
selling their kits on ebay to pay their cellphone bills.

Old March 5th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Cousineau

In article ,
Cicero Venatio wrote:

As the dollar drops, and the price of equipment rises, I see cyclists
buying more and more equipment from frames to shifters that are branded
Nashbar. But I also see them, in their shame, do some real clumsy
attempts to hide the nashbar logo on their equipment. Now a real man,
could care less, and sport the Nashbar logo with pride, noting it's not
the bike, but the man that is important. But in this new world of
fakes, frauds and poseurs, it is the brand of the shifter or the frame
that counts. I've even seen these poseurs even refuse to drink a store
branded soft drink, just because it wasn't a "Coke" or a "Pespsi." Has
madison avenue made everyone just incredibly shallow?

Dear Cicero:

People are hiding their Nashbar-logo shifters? That's, like, a branding
upgrade from Microshift.

--
Fred Cousineau http://www.wiredcola.com/
"It's despicable, but it works." -Fred Dumas
Old March 5th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 4, 10:02*am, "
wrote:
Oh look at all the posers. *Those that buy kit that advertises for
others. *WTF? *Are people so needy they must belong to a group? Really
advertising a pro team has long term benefits. *Look at all the old
7-11, Postal, Motorola and so on you still see riders and fans
wearing. Worst yet are small local clubs that require members to buy
their own kit that advertises for the teams sponsors. *This is so
wrong. *Riders pay to pretend they look like dopers.

Dumbass,

I'd rather have a hater mistake me for a doper or a poser,
than a poser mistake me for a hater.

Small-club riders should pay for their own kit. It's a
hobby or a pastime. If your team is so professional that
Cat 3s and 4s are getting free kit, then the sponsorship
priorities are messed up. Sponsorship dollars should
subsidize race entry fees, putting on races, discount/free
entries/kit/expenses for juniors, and communal club
expenses (gas money, etc).

Thank you for your attention in this matter,
Ben
Old March 15th 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Cicero Venatio wrote:

As the dollar drops, and the price of equipment rises, I see cyclists
buying more and more equipment from frames to shifters that are branded
Nashbar. But I also see them, in their shame, do some real clumsy
attempts to hide the nashbar logo on their equipment. Now a real man,
could care less, and sport the Nashbar logo with pride, noting it's not
the bike, but the man that is important. But in this new world of
fakes, frauds and poseurs, it is the brand of the shifter or the frame
that counts. I've even seen these poseurs even refuse to drink a store
branded soft drink, just because it wasn't a "Coke" or a "Pespsi." Has
madison avenue made everyone just incredibly shallow?

Where have you been hiding your head?
This behavior is not new. I never was new.
Old March 16th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

On 3/15/2010 4:03 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In articleQtednYl1xOP8UBLWnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@earthlink .com,
Cicero wrote:

As the dollar drops, and the price of equipment rises, I see cyclists
buying more and more equipment from frames to shifters that are branded
Nashbar. But I also see them, in their shame, do some real clumsy
attempts to hide the nashbar logo on their equipment. Now a real man,
could care less, and sport the Nashbar logo with pride, noting it's not
the bike, but the man that is important. But in this new world of
fakes, frauds and poseurs, it is the brand of the shifter or the frame
that counts. I've even seen these poseurs even refuse to drink a store
branded soft drink, just because it wasn't a "Coke" or a "Pespsi." Has
madison avenue made everyone just incredibly shallow?

Where have you been hiding your head?
This behavior is not new. I never was new.

You've been old your whole life?

Old March 16th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Cicero Venatio" wrote in message
m...
As the dollar drops, and the price of equipment rises, I see cyclists
buying more and more equipment from frames to shifters that are branded
Nashbar. But I also see them, in their shame, do some real clumsy
attempts to hide the nashbar logo on their equipment. Now a real man,
could care less, and sport the Nashbar logo with pride, noting it's not
the bike, but the man that is important. But in this new world of fakes,
frauds and poseurs, it is the brand of the shifter or the frame that
counts. I've even seen these poseurs even refuse to drink a store branded
soft drink, just because it wasn't a "Coke" or a "Pespsi." Has madison
avenue made everyone just incredibly shallow?

Huh? The shifters sold by Nashbar appear to be Chinese manufacture and
moderately well made. But they're not any where near as well made as Shimano
and especially Campagnolo. This isn't some rebranded Shimano shifter as you
appear to think.

Old March 16th 10, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 15, 8:40*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:

This isn't some rebranded Shimano shifter as you
appear to think.

dumbass,

that's not what he thinks.

are you going to watch the tirreno TT today dumbass ?

TT Equipment daniel Techniques 11 February 14th 07 05:40 PM
Fitness Equipment [email protected] General 1 December 22nd 06 04:37 PM
Fitness Equipment [email protected] Rides 0 December 22nd 06 01:37 PM
Fitness Equipment [email protected] UK 0 December 22nd 06 01:37 PM
Bike equipment by law Damian Australia 30 September 1st 06 11:03 AM