Frame Pump

Old September 8th 14, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Frame Pump

John B. Slocomb wrote:
:On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 14:49:07 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt
wrote:

:John B. Slocomb wrote:
::On Sat, 06 Sep 2014 14:17:45 -0700, sms
::wrote:
:
::On 9/2/2014 8:03 PM, Joe Riel wrote:
::
:: Thanks, that's pretty good. My Topeak Master Blaster, full-size frame
:: pump, takes about 120 strokes to get a 700x25 to 100 psi. I found a
:: replacement gasket for it, $1 at REI, so will hold off on the purchase
:: of a Lezyne for now.
::
::The availability of replacement parts for the Topeak pumps is a good
::reason to choose them versus some of the cheaper pumps. Lezyne also
::sells a seal kit for $5.99 for their pumps.
::
::Just avoid CO2 cartridges at all costs or you'll be like those people I
::see up in Marin county, flagging down cyclists with pumps and asking for
::assistance.
::
::Strange... We hold an annual "Iron Man" event here in Phuket that
::seems to attract a lot of international participants and I've noticed
::that the major players all have one of those little holders, usually
::behind the seat, that holds two CO2 cartridges.
:
::What do you suppose they use them for?
:
:EPO.

:Emergency Power Option ?

That's what Floyd thought it meant, sure.

--
sig 100
Old September 8th 14, 01:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

:wrote:

[...]

in racing, EPO is hardly optional any more.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 8th 14, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Floyd ?