Look-compatible touring pedals?

Old September 6th 14, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Look-compatible touring pedals?

Pardon my dumbness, but can anybody point me to a Look-compatible touring pedal (i.e., one side flat for street shoes)? I seem to be able to find only SPD touring pedals; however, I've got too many bikes with Look pedals to switch now!

Thanks a lot.

retroguy
Old September 6th 14, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/6/2014 9:42 AM, wrote:
Pardon my dumbness, but can anybody point me to a Look-compatible touring pedal (i.e., one side flat for street shoes)? I seem to be able to find only SPD touring pedals; however, I've got too many bikes with Look pedals to switch now!

No current products AFAIK.

http://www.velobase.com/ViewComponen...3b1e6&Enum=109

There was also a big nylon-body pedal with flat bottom
(model?) but neither sold well and so were dropped.

An aftermarket look-compatible toeclip adapter also failed:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/drivetrain/p...25_135crx.aspx

in part I think because it was poorly executed.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 6th 14, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Andrew, you came through again! Thanks a lot.

Yes, I suppose there wouldn't be much of a market for such a pedal, when you consider the demographics of it.

I am hoping that some day, if I can afford it, I can make a trip to Madison to meet you and visit your shop. I'll bet you can tell me about some cool road rides that I could do in your area!

retro
Old September 6th 14, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"[1] At least. Speaking as an industry professional, more is better."

Thank god I can rest assured that, as an industry professional, you are entirely neutral and unbiased concerning the matter!
Old September 7th 14, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Sat, 06 Sep 2014 11:32:27 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

The most practical answer is not a specialty pedal, it's
just two[1] bicycles.

I can carry shoes to change into, but not a spare bicycle!

My solution is slot cleats. Slot-cleat pedals accept walking shoes
just fine.

When I first heard about clipless cleats I wanted some, but I *still*
haven't worn out my old pedals -- and I've since realized that
clipless cleats aren't compatible with the way I ride.

When I'm in the country, I seriously need cleats. I *can* climb hills
without them, but it's harder every year to do so.

When I'm in town, I seriously need walking shoes -- and there's no way
I could walk in cycling shoes; I can just barely tolerate my
SafeTsteps, and change into sandals or bare feet the instant I get
home.

Every long ride involves city riding at both ends, and usually in the
middle. (I can get out of town wearing cleats, but nearly always have
to change when I cross the city limits coming home.)

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/

Pedals for touring Gaz[_2_] UK 5 October 28th 08 02:41 PM
Shimano 105 Look compatible pedals Dawgwalker Marketplace 0 May 11th 07 01:37 PM
Folding/removable SPD-compatible pedals for folding bikes? Alan Hoyle General 1 April 25th 07 03:22 PM
Trek 720 Touring Bike (25") - Best touring bicycle EVER Unrevealed Source Marketplace 2 March 2nd 06 04:28 AM
Compatible pedals with Shimano PD-7750 cleats ? IanD Techniques 4 October 13th 04 02:00 PM