Rail Trail Management Issues -help

Old June 16th 05, 09:12 PM

Default Rail Trail Management Issues -help

The Victoria Rail Trail is an existing multi-use trail extending from
Lindsay to Kinmount in Ontario, Canada. Our governing body, The City of
Kawartha Lakes has seen fit to allow ATVs to use the trail. A 50kph limit
and 20kph limt within urban areas has been imposed.Of course this will not
be enforced. This year the trail is in a particularly poor state of repair
and is virtually unuseable by cyclists. It appears the ATV's are ruining the
trail for cyclist and othe non-motorized users. As a result, a group of
non-motorized trail users are organizing themselves to address problems and
issues with the Rail Trail. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you may
have in dealing with the issues.

Old June 17th 05, 02:51 PM

We welcome any ideas and suggestions you may
have in dealing with the issues.

You can try sharing this video with the authorities.
http://18.85.21.43/7-11-04.avi
Note that is an ATV club on a group ride on a "multiuse" trail in
Western Massachusetts. It will give some ides of the effects of
allegedly responsible ATV riding. I got the link from the NEMBA forum,
you can find more details at:

http://www.nemba.org/yabbse/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=5939

Dave Dowler

Old June 17th 05, 04:36 PM
JD

Higher gas prices.

JD

Old June 17th 05, 08:39 PM
(PeteCresswell)

Per :
You can try sharing this video with the authorities.
http://18.85.21.43/7-11-04.avi

I think I've got some sort of system problem.

When I doubleclick on the link, Windows Media player opens - whereas sb
QuickTime.

(folder) Options|FileTypes looks ok.

Agent's (my reader) Options|MIME Types looks right.

Anybody been here?
--
PeteCresswell
Old June 17th 05, 10:39 PM
G.T.

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
We welcome any ideas and suggestions you may
have in dealing with the issues.

You can try sharing this video with the authorities.
http://18.85.21.43/7-11-04.avi
Note that is an ATV club on a group ride on a "multiuse" trail in
Western Massachusetts. It will give some ides of the effects of
allegedly responsible ATV riding. I got the link from the NEMBA forum,
you can find more details at:

Quads are the worst of motorized vehicles. They cater to lazy slobs who
think that they can fit where motorcycles and bicycles can widening trails
as they go. Why anyone would want to limit themselves to such unwieldy
vehicles is beyond me.

Greg

Troy's Excellent D.C. to Pittsburgh NBG Adventure Cycle America General 0 May 24th 05 11:04 PM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 2 December 10th 04 04:05 AM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 0 December 10th 04 02:30 AM
Uwharrie Trail Care Day May 15 Central NC Tommy Taylor Mountain Biking 1 April 28th 04 06:33 PM
RR Guelph Hiking Trail - Very Long Robert Schultz Mountain Biking 0 July 21st 03 05:12 AM