Flat repair

Old Today, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Flat repair

On 8/14/2018 10:42 AM, jbeattie wrote:

One of the persons posting on that video indicates that he/she doesn't put in a tube but rather patches the tire with what look like a bacon strip. Mmmmmm. Bacon. https://shop.genuineinnovations.com/...ire-repair-kit Anyway, don't you need a special pump for tubeless to get that big burst of bead-setting air. Is a CO2 cartridge good enough? This is important to me because I want to make repairs as complex as possible being that I have nothing else to do in my life. Actually, though, I might go tubeless on the commuter if it means I can ride over spike strips, glass shards, hand-grenades, homeless, etc.

Here you go Jay: http://www.tannus.com/ctg_1404308681.html
Old Today, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 8/14/2018 11:17 AM, wrote:

snip

First I have to find the problem tubeless solves for me.

They are an answer to a question nobody asked.
Old Today, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 8/15/2018 5:16 PM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

If it were possible to make a proper tubeless bcycle tire with out goop,
we'd all ride them.

I doubt it. Unlike on most vehicles, you really don't want to carry a
spare wheel/tire.

A proper tubeless tire, able to operate at high pressure, would not be
easy to repair on the road. While sealant will seal small holes, you
need to put in the plugs to seal larger holes, and if you get a sidewall
hole that the sealant can't seal, and that's too big for a plug, you're
really out of luck.

The bottom line is that with tubeless you still need to carry a tube and
pump or CO2.
Old Today, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 8/15/2018 5:49 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

And why don't they make them with radial steel belts and a 40,000 mile warranty! I certainly don't have to fix flats on my car every few weeks or months, and I don't have to put goop in the tires either -- and when they get soft, a light goes off on my dashboard. Why isn't that standard equipment on bicycles! I'm outraged and have decided to protest in front of a bicycle shop. https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.07/ar...d13a8b45d1.jpg That was my last protest about poor road conditions in winter and traction loss on ice. Abolish ice! Right on! Stay strong my brothers!

You can buy an after-market TPMS system that connects via Bluetooth to
your phone. https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOBIKE.

But for the rest of what you want you're out of luck.