Speed camera detector ban

Old July 16th 04, 09:34 AM
chris French

Default Speed camera detector ban

Looks like the government intends to ban speed camera detectors:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040716/344/ey55n.html

I bet that will get uk.t**spot going :-)

Of course the motor industry is already complaining,.........

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/industry_news/news-55h8n03k6i

'A Mori poll has proved conclusively that a radar detector's user is 28%
less likely to have an accident than a non-user'

This is obviously a new form of scientific research..............

--
Chris French, Leeds
Old July 16th 04, 02:41 PM
John Burns

I'm sure they could agree on a compromise. Maybe motorists would agree
not to use detectors and the government could agree to remove the
cameras.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
Old July 16th 04, 02:50 PM
LaoFuZhi

This is obviously a new form of scientific research..............

'course it is! and jolly serious you should take it too..... Marvellous
work! Almost as credible as all those important scientific breakthroughs we
see from those nice people who make ladies' face creme........ And if you
rub you headlights with new oil-of-underlay with added bochotox and
slipozones not only can you be 28% less likely to crash, if you do, the
front of the car will wind up 14% less crinkly.......

Old July 16th 04, 03:02 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

John Burns writes:

I'm sure they could agree on a compromise. Maybe motorists would agree
not to use detectors and the government could agree to remove the
cameras.

ITYM "Maybe motorists would agree not to *break the speed limits and
the government could agree to remove the cameras.

Old July 16th 04, 04:58 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

chris French wrote:

'A Mori poll has proved conclusively that a radar detector's user is
28% less likely to have an accident than a non-user'

I can just hear the interview now...

So, Mr Smallpenis, are you a numpty or do you use a radar detector? Good,
good. And are you a clueless flat-capped menace to society or do you have
an unblemished driving record? Excellent. Thank you, Mr. Smallpenis.

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 16th 04, 05:01 PM
Richard Corfield

LaoFuZhi wrote:
'course it is! and jolly serious you should take it too..... Marvellous
work! Almost as credible as all those important scientific breakthroughs
we
see from those nice people who make ladies' face creme........ And if you
rub you headlights with new oil-of-underlay with added bochotox and
slipozones not only can you be 28% less likely to crash, if you do, the
front of the car will wind up 14% less crinkly.......

I've still to work out what a micro-oil (heard on a recent advert) is. Is it
a very small amount of oil? a very light oil? Do modern cycle chain lubes
give the same benefit? What if we apply the micro-oil to our chains
instead? Are they interchangeable? ITWSBT.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
_/ _/ _/ _/
Old July 16th 04, 05:12 PM
LaoFuZhi

What if we apply the micro-oil to our chains
instead?

They'll become 28% more shinyer and women will immediately start falling at
your feet......

's true! honest! ..been skientifikelly proven so it has!......

Old July 16th 04, 05:40 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

JohnB writes:

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

John Burns writes:

I'm sure they could agree on a compromise. Maybe motorists would agree
not to use detectors and the government could agree to remove the
cameras.

ITYM "Maybe motorists would agree not to *break the speed limits and
the government could agree to remove the cameras.

uk.tosspot has exploded on this issue.

That anyone should have the gall to suggest they should keep to the
speed limit seems to have shook them right up :-)

What a surprise. Are they putting forward any good arguments for doing
so, apart from "because I like it" and "I don't like being told what
to do, even if I'm endangering others by being too reckless"?

Old July 16th 04, 08:43 PM
Russ

"chris French" wrote in message
Looks like the government intends to ban speed camera detectors:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040716/344/ey55n.html

I bet that will get uk.t**spot going :-)

Of course the motor industry is already complaining,.........

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/industry_news/news-55h8n03k6i

The Govt can ban them all they like - they're very easy to hide and the most
effective type - those that use GPS to locate known camera locations don't
fall into the proposed ban anyway which is only proposed to ban those based
on radar detectors.

Another waste of Govt time and money but it'll catch a few votes I suppose.

Russ