BC Discussion Thread

Old January 5th 09, 06:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Default BC Discussion Thread

If you want to use the fork off a bmx for the frame, the difficulty is
marrying the steer tube to a seat post. I know it's been done before.

But I had heard once of some people, I believe in europe, who coasted
down hills on unis with pegs and the cranks taken off... just thought
I'd share the idea. I don't know if it would be easier than coasting
with feet on the frame.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 6th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

madmattunipro;1164555 wrote:
If you want to use the fork off a bmx for the frame, the difficulty is
marrying the steer tube to a seat post. I know it's been done before.

But I had heard once of some people, I believe in europe, who coasted
down hills on unis with pegs and the cranks taken off... just thought
I'd share the idea. I don't know if it would be easier than coasting
with feet on the frame.

It would be easier because your balance point and pivot point would be
much lower.

The problem would be in trying to put pegs onto a unicycle. I imagine
it would be really quite difficult due to the axle moving with the hub.

--
UnicycleJuggler

'*Unicycle
Vids On
Vimeo*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/groups/uni)
Old January 8th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Ummm... in that case you would weld pegs of some kind to the frame,
rather than put them on the axle.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 9th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

As I promised pictures of my stablised BC
[image:
http://photos-c.ll.facebook.com/phot...3666_5738.jpg]
[image:
http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/phot...3665_5473.jpg]

Its good to learn on. me thinks.

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old January 13th 09, 05:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

hmmm... I think that kinda defeats the point of the bc wheel... but
interesting never the less.

Has anyone seen these so called 'Magicwheel'
(http://tinyurl.com/7qoa32) dealies? I found it on Ebay under unicycle.

Obviously nothing close to the balance of a BC is required, but it does
have the concept of the frame for skate kicking.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 13th 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
captainconcarne

I saw that on youtube a week or so ago, but then I looked it up and saw
the little back wheel which disappionted me for not being a unicycle but
it would make a sweet BC with the back one taken off

--
captainconcarne

War doesn't determine who's right, war determines who's left
Old January 13th 09, 09:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

The stabelisors on my bc do touch the ground. if im leaning too far in
one direction i can hear them on the groun immeaditly so i know when im
riding is like a bc or not. I think it helps.

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old January 13th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Ahhh... well I suppose that makes some sense then.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 13th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

madmattunipro;1169643 wrote:
hmmm... I think that kinda defeats the point of the bc wheel... but
interesting never the less.

Has anyone seen these so called 'Magicwheel'
(http://tinyurl.com/7qoa32) dealies? I found it on Ebay under unicycle.

Obviously nothing close to the balance of a BC is required, but it does
have the concept of the frame for skate kicking.

Removing the rear wheel looks like a great idea. Anyone have any idea
how wide a tire could be put on that. If it's not limited by the frame,
I guess it would be limited by the tires made. It looks like a 700c
wheel?

--
JesseG

Old January 15th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

It says what sizes it comes in on the page... I think the main one is
26" and they have a smaller version.

It might not be hard to remove the rear wheel, though it look like the
way it's built causes you to lean backwards onto that wheel for
stability.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ