"Wrong-Way Fred Gets Dead"

Old July 2nd 04, 04:44 AM
Rich Clark

Default "Wrong-Way Fred Gets Dead"

I call this out to wrong-way riders as I pass them.

Bad grammar, but it rhymes, it's quick to say, and while they may not grasp
its meaning immediately it may stick in their heads and make a connection
later on.

And it's a way for me to release my frustration without being too
confrontational.

If it catches on, over the months or years it could even lead to more public
discussion of the dangers of wrong-way cycling.

RichC

Old July 2nd 04, 05:42 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:44:26 -0400, "Rich Clark"
wrote:

I call this out to wrong-way riders as I pass them.

"What did that guy say?"

"I dont' know. Some kook on a bike. Don't mind."

Old July 2nd 04, 05:54 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Rich Clark" writes:

I call this out to wrong-way riders as I pass them.

Here in Canada, we have a perennial hypnotist/entertainer
named Reveen. He has distinctive sideburns and a goatee.

We also have a TV series (sort of a Canadian 'Coronation Street')
called 'Trailer Park Boys', in which one of the characters, Ricky,
looks a little like Reveen. In one sequence, some BMX punks ride
by, taunting him and calling-out: "Hey, Reveen!" He chides back:
"I'll Reveen you, ya f***in' little *******s!" They respond with:
"F*** off, Reveen!" as they ride off into the distance.

Yelling at people generally doesn't get anything done. Except
maybe on 'American Chopper'.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old July 2nd 04, 07:10 AM
The Queen of Cans and Jars

Rich Clark wrote:

I call this out to wrong-way riders as I pass them.

Bad grammar, but it rhymes, it's quick to say, and while they may not grasp
its meaning immediately it may stick in their heads and make a connection
later on.

And it's a way for me to release my frustration without being too
confrontational.

If it catches on, over the months or years it could even lead to more public
discussion of the dangers of wrong-way cycling.

i have to restrain the urge to stop and lecture every wrong-way rider i
see. why don't they understand how dangerous it is?
Old July 2nd 04, 09:39 AM
Mike Beauchamp

"Hey, It's Patrick Swayze and ****in' Raveen!"

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Old July 2nd 04, 10:40 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Mike Beauchamp" writes:
"Hey, It's Patrick Swayze and ****in' Raveen!"

Quite.

That bit on Trailer Park Boys still arouses a chuckle in me, though.
I guess it's all in the delivery.

That show has quite a few bicycle moments, if you look for them.

I think Bubbles should have gotten a bike instead of the go-kart.

cheers,
Tom

Old July 2nd 04, 04:08 PM
Kyler Laird

"Rich Clark" writes:

I call this out to wrong-way riders as I pass them.

Bad grammar, but it rhymes,

So does "wrong-way **** gets hit."

I doubt either helps much.

You might as well ask something like "Just get back from a tour of England?"

--kyler