High Gas Price Showing No Sign of Bike Increased in US

Old July 7th 08, 08:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Red Cloud

Default High Gas Price Showing No Sign of Bike Increased in US

American car-addicted culture would hardly give up car and replace
with two wheel of human power transporter. NASCAR addicted people
just can't give up their car. American is the last
people on earth to ride a bike. The bike symbolized the underclass
and homelessness in US. For middle and upper class, bike is a just
fun and recreation device. I saw the largest number of bikers in
street on Fourth of July. Even gas price reached all time high,
American just can't
give up the cars. The price of gas has to go up over $7 then we might
see some significant increase in bike usage as the transporter.
Old July 7th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

The price of gas has to go up over $7 then we might see
some significant increase in bike usage as the transporter.

http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/ch/1993/ch930428.gif

"Cyclists have a right to the road too, you noisy, polluting,
inconsiderate maniacs! I hope gas goes up to eight bucks a
gallon!"
-- Calvin's Dad
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, U.S. of A.

_Jym_
Old July 8th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
| The price of gas has to go up over $7 then we might see
| some significant increase in bike usage as the transporter.
|
| http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/ch/1993/ch930428.gif
|
| "Cyclists have a right to the road too, you noisy, polluting,
| inconsiderate maniacs! I hope gas goes up to eight bucks a
| gallon!"
| -- Calvin's Dad
| Chagrin Falls, Ohio, U.S. of A.
|
| _Jym_

Let's see Red Cloud top that! :)

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 8th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
cmcanulty

ditto!

Old July 9th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Red Cloud

On Jul 7, 8:52 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
"Jym Dyer" wrote in message

| The price of gas has to go up over $7 then we might see
| some significant increase in bike usage as the transporter.
|
|http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/ch/1993/ch930428.gif
|
| "Cyclists have a right to the road too, you noisy, polluting,
| inconsiderate maniacs! I hope gas goes up to eight bucks a
| gallon!"
| -- Calvin's Dad
| Chagrin Falls, Ohio, U.S. of A.
|
| _Jym_

Let's see Red Cloud top that! :)

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

What's that mean?
Old July 12th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DougC

Red Cloud wrote:

American car-addicted culture would hardly give up car and replace
with two wheel of human power transporter. NASCAR addicted people
just can't give up their car. American is the last
people on earth to ride a bike. The bike symbolized the underclass
and homelessness in US. For middle and upper class, bike is a just
fun and recreation device. I saw the largest number of bikers in
street on Fourth of July. Even gas price reached all time high,
American just can't
give up the cars. The price of gas has to go up over $7 then we might
see some significant increase in bike usage as the transporter.

99% of everyone I have met (in the central US) has little-to-no interest
in Nascar.

Riding a bike isn't a sign of being poor, riding a BUS is. At least
people with bikes can afford a bike!
Or at least, that they can steal a bike. :|

And most of the driving that most people do seems to be because they do
not want to have to live close to where they work.... If you want to
reduce the fuel you use, living close to where you work would be the
best way, because that's the trip that you make the most.
,,,,
All this soft-headed claptrap about "walkable neighborhoods" and whining
about Wal-Mart is just idiotic horse-pucky, of not recognizing the first
problem (of excessive car use) and then coming to an incorrect
conclusion for the second problem (of not reducing the longest, most
common driving that most people do).

F*kin hippies, I swear.
If I win the lottery I'm having a custom solar-powered electric Hummer
built, just to run them off the road. Having one good idea about
reducing pollution doesn't mean you're not a total idiot otherwise.
~
Old July 13th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Doug Cimper wrote:
Red Cloud wrote:

American car-addicted culture would hardly give up car and replace
with two wheel of human power transporter. NASCAR addicted people
just can't give up their car. American is the last
people on earth to ride a bike. The bike symbolized the underclass
and homelessness in US. For middle and upper class, bike is a just
fun and recreation device. I saw the largest number of bikers in
street on Fourth of July. Even gas price reached all time high,
American just can't
give up the cars. The price of gas has to go up over $7 then we might
see some significant increase in bike usage as the transporter.

99% of everyone I have met (in the central US) has little-to-no interest
in Nascar.

Er, that should be "NA$CAR".

Riding a bike isn't a sign of being poor, riding a BUS is. At least
people with bikes can afford a bike!
Or at least, that they can steal a bike. :|

And most of the driving that most people do seems to be because they do
not want to have to live close to where they work.... If you want to
reduce the fuel you use, living close to where you work would be the
best way, because that's the trip that you make the most.
,,,,

Well, quite a few people can not afford to live close to work,
especially those in service sector jobs in the suburbs.

All this soft-headed claptrap about "walkable neighborhoods" and whining
about Wal-Mart is just idiotic horse-pucky, of not recognizing the first
problem (of excessive car use) and then coming to an incorrect
conclusion for the second problem (of not reducing the longest, most
common driving that most people do).

Indeed, gasoline prices are not a big deal when you have to fill a small
tank every 8 weeks or so.

F*kin hippies, I swear.
If I win the lottery I'm having a custom solar-powered electric Hummer
built, just to run them off the road. Having one good idea about
reducing pollution doesn't mean you're not a total idiot otherwise.
~

Why not a pedal powered Hummer? http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

"People who had no mercy will find none." - Anon.