Biking vs Cycling... Is there a difference?

Old July 12th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ablang

Default Biking vs Cycling... Is there a difference?

I just got a brochure for the "Huntsman World Senior Games" for St
George, Utah 10/6 - 10/18.
There are 25 different sports those aged 50+ can register for.
http://seniorgames.net/

I see 2 categories involving bicycles:

1. Cycling - Hill Climb, criterium, time trial, road race
2. Biking - hill climb, down hill, cross country

Is there a difference? If so, please explain it to us. I thought
they were one and the same.
Old July 12th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
sally

Ablang wrote in news:5e785e8c-5a06-4d9f-956c-35b3dff1cd46
@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
1. Cycling - Hill Climb, criterium, time trial, road race
2. Biking - hill climb, down hill, cross country

Is there a difference? If so, please explain it to us. I thought
they were one and the same.

Sounds like #1 is road cycling and #2 is mountain biking.
Old July 12th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
W. Stief

sally wrote:
Ablang wrote in
@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
1. Cycling - Hill Climb, criterium, time trial, road race
2. Biking - hill climb, down hill, cross country

Is there a difference? If so, please explain it to us. I thought
they were one and the same.

Sounds like #1 is road cycling and #2 is mountain biking.

One is Uni-Cycling
One is Bi-Cycling

The uni is understood like uni-versal.

Old July 13th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Ablang writes:
I just got a brochure for the "Huntsman World Senior Games" for St
George, Utah 10/6 - 10/18.
There are 25 different sports those aged 50+ can register for.
http://seniorgames.net/

I see 2 categories involving bicycles:

1. Cycling - Hill Climb, criterium, time trial, road race
2. Biking - hill climb, down hill, cross country

Is there a difference? If so, please explain it to us. I thought
they were one and the same.

http://www.classictvquotes.com/quotes/a-rose-by-any-other-name-would-smell-as-sweet-not-if-you-called/

Lisa: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
Bart: Not if you called 'em stench blossoms.
Homer: Or crapweeds.
Marge: I'd sure hate to get a dozen crapweeds for Valentine's Day.
I'd rather have candy.
Homer: Not if they were called scumdrops.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.