Carriers

Old July 13th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
tranch

Default Carriers

Hope this is the right spot to ask this question. If not I'm sorry to have
intruded!

I have a pickup truck with a cap on the rear bed. Does any one know if there
is a company that makes a 2 or 3 bicycle carrier that would fit on the back
of the truck, other than one that fits into a hitch? I can only find
carriers that fit into the bed, the cap isn't tall enough for the bikes, or
one that fits into a trailer hitch. I have no hitch on the back of the
truck.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

Old July 13th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

tranch wrote:
Hope this is the right spot to ask this question. If not I'm sorry to have
intruded!

I have a pickup truck with a cap on the rear bed. Does any one know if there
is a company that makes a 2 or 3 bicycle carrier that would fit on the back
of the truck, other than one that fits into a hitch? I can only find
carriers that fit into the bed, the cap isn't tall enough for the bikes, or
one that fits into a trailer hitch. I have no hitch on the back of the
truck.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

There are bumper mount racks if you have real steel bumpers that they
can mount to.

"http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2 007099&productId=2007099&catalogId=10101"
Old July 14th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
BobT[_3_]

"tranch" wrote in message
Hope this is the right spot to ask this question. If not I'm sorry to have
intruded!

I have a pickup truck with a cap on the rear bed. Does any one know if
there is a company that makes a 2 or 3 bicycle carrier that would fit on
the back of the truck, other than one that fits into a hitch? I can only
find carriers that fit into the bed, the cap isn't tall enough for the
bikes, or one that fits into a trailer hitch. I have no hitch on the back
of the truck.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

Yakima makes plates that can be attached to a camper shell. Their standard
towers, crossbars, and racking components then attach to the plates.
Mounting the plates requires drilling holes in the shell and bolting the
plates to it.

Have you considered installing a trailer hitch? They are relatively
inexpensive compared to a lot a bike racking systems.

BobT

Old July 14th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
tranch

"SMS" wrote in message
tranch wrote:
Hope this is the right spot to ask this question. If not I'm sorry to
have intruded!

I have a pickup truck with a cap on the rear bed. Does any one know if
there is a company that makes a 2 or 3 bicycle carrier that would fit on
the back of the truck, other than one that fits into a hitch? I can only
find carriers that fit into the bed, the cap isn't tall enough for the
bikes, or one that fits into a trailer hitch. I have no hitch on the back
of the truck.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

There are bumper mount racks if you have real steel bumpers that they can
mount to.

"http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2 007099&productId=2007099&catalogId=10101

Yeah looked at that style rack today at one of the bike shops I visited.
It would fit but I wouldn't be able to open the tail gate.

Old July 14th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
tranch

Default Carriers---a solution!

"tranch" wrote in message
Hope this is the right spot to ask this question. If not I'm sorry to have
intruded!

I have a pickup truck with a cap on the rear bed. Does any one know if
there is a company that makes a 2 or 3 bicycle carrier that would fit on
the back of the truck, other than one that fits into a hitch? I can only
find carriers that fit into the bed, the cap isn't tall enough for the
bikes, or one that fits into a trailer hitch. I have no hitch on the back
of the truck.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

After visiting a couple local bike shops today I decided it would be
much easier to buy the rack for my car! it would cost me just as much to
have a hitch installed and use a hitch rack, and I'd have no other use for
the hitch as I have no trailers, boats etc. and the other rack wouldn't
allow the rear tail gate to open. Thank you for the help.

Loose cog vs. carriers [email protected] Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 06:33 PM
Loose cog vs. carriers [email protected] Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 06:32 PM
Loose cog vs. carriers [email protected] Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 06:31 PM
Cycle Carriers User1 UK 6 July 29th 05 05:05 PM
4 cycle carriers Steve Foster UK 6 January 5th 04 02:49 PM