Aero spokes?

Old April 23rd 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Aero spokes?

On Apr 23, 12:57*pm, dabac dabac.38b...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Wrote:

Hi All,

I'm trying to puzzle together a wheelset using some rims from a pre-
built set which I broke the freehub on. My problem is finding
inexpensive, durable, serviceable hubs with aero drilling.

You might want to check outwww.cyclecomponents.com. They might not be
able to beat DO-s offer, but they can do better than your $6 at least.
CC are based in Sweden, so shipping shouldn't be too bad either.

--
dabac

That's where they are $6! A real local place would probably be at
least $10. For example an Ultegra 6600 chain at the LBS is $55. At CC
it is $35.

Joseph
Old April 23rd 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ron Ruff

On Apr 22, 9:13*am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
wrote:
PLUS these and other 'oval' spokes start life as really thin spokes,
unlike most true bladed, which start as 14g spokes. Thin spokes, few
spokes, light-ish rim- three strikes kinda deal.

Granted... they are as "light" as any spoke you can get... but I've
been riding 18 of them on my 450g 30mm aluminum front rim and 24 on
the back, and they haven't needed to be touched in ~5K miles.

Old April 23rd 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 23, 7:08*pm, dabac dabac.38b...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Wrote:

That's where they are $6!

I get it to roughly $4, but maybe you're including shipping?

(Or am I missing something with the exchange rate?)

--
dabac

I was mistakenly using the Aerolite price which comes to 5.43. The CX-
Rays are $5. Shipping would be additional $21.

I consider CC to be my local source as they have quite good prices on
most stuff. Whenever I or any of my riding buddies order stuff, we ask
if anyone else wants some stuff because the shipping is the same more
or less no matter how much stuff you buy.

But almost inevitably "gifts" sent from the US are cheaper.

Joseph
Old April 23rd 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Wrote:

Hi All,

I'm trying to puzzle together a wheelset using some rims from a pre-
built set which I broke the freehub on. My problem is finding
inexpensive, durable, serviceable hubs with aero drilling.

You might want to check outwww.cyclecomponents.com. They might not be
able to beat DO-s offer, but they can do better than your $6 at least.
CC are based in Sweden, so shipping shouldn't be too bad either.

--
dabac

That's where they are $6! A real local place would probably be at
least $10. For example an Ultegra 6600 chain at the LBS is $55. At CC
it is $35.

Unfortunately, Lickton's appears to only stock DT.