Swap Meet at the LA Velodrome Jan 28

Old January 9th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default Swap Meet at the LA Velodrome Jan 28

Slack wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:13:59 -0800, G.T. wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:
That's how it works in Trexlertown, anyway. No experience with the
Depot deal, but I'll bet there'll be lots of interesting vintage steel
stuff in So Cal that wouldn't survive the Northeast's weather.

I'd really like to stop by to check it out but in all likelihood I'll
be moving that weekend.

Moving again.... didn't you just recently move?

Yeah, the hazards of renting and not bothering to ask for another lease.
We've been here 16 months. Our landlord needs our place to house a
nurse for his ill son so they're booting us. We were devastated when he
dropped the letter off because this place is 10 minutes to good San
Gabriels riding, 15 minutes to Spaceland and the Echo, and 15 minutes to
work. I mean for my hobbies and work this is THE BEST ****ING AREA IN
SOCAL. They offered to boot the old lady next door if we matched her
rent plus a 3% yearly increase but we figured it would be easier for us
to move than her and we wouldn't mind getting a little bigger place.

What a mistake being the nice couple. We've been looking for almost 6
weeks now and the places around here are 1/2 the size and now $400 more
a month, or they're the same size, dumpier, and $700 more a month, or
bigger and nicer and $1000 and more a month.

We'd buy a cheap condo but I'm sure sometime after next winter is going
to be the bottom of the market. A couple of places we had started
looking at recently had dropped $75,000 in the last two months and still
hadn't sold, so there's hope that prices will come back down enough for
us simple folk to buy a place again. Too much speculation and lots of
people still holding investment houses they'd hoped they could flip and
now loan defaults have doubled in the last year.

If we don't find something soon we'll move down to the future
mom-in-laws place in Pedro and stay there for awhile. She's totally
cool but it's a drag of a drive to work. We're still holding out hope
that we'll find another place cheap place in the foothills, La
Crescenta, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre or Monrovia.
Sierra Madre is our top choice because of trail access up Mt Wilson and
it's a nice area but currently there are only 2 places for rent under
$2000 a month.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old January 9th 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Greg said:
We're still holding out hope
that we'll find another place cheap place in the foothills, La
Crescenta, La Canada, Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre or Monrovia.
Sierra Madre is our top choice because of trail access up Mt Wilson and
it's a nice area but currently there are only 2 places for rent under
$2000 a month.

That's the START point? Wow, that's nuts. I thought Boston was bad,
but you can get a decent spot for a grand, and 2 will get you something
really nice, really big or with a view. Anyway, good luck.