flying with a bike

Old January 14th 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Micheal Artindale

Default flying with a bike

I brought m bike out from Ontario to British Columbia, and when i did, i let
the air out, thinking it would prevent the tires from popping... it did.

Was that nessisary?

Has anyone shipped their bike out, with the tires to their opperating
preasure and had no problems with them?

Thanks,

Micheal

Old January 14th 07, 06:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Micheal Artindale wrote:
I brought m bike out from Ontario to British Columbia, and when i did, i let
the air out, thinking it would prevent the tires from popping... it did.

Was that nessisary?

Has anyone shipped their bike out, with the tires to their opperating
preasure and had no problems with them?

Thanks,

Micheal

Nope. I also leave mine at full pressure when I ship them. Never had a
problem.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 14th 07, 12:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:
I brought m bike out from Ontario to British Columbia, and when i did, i let
the air out, thinking it would prevent the tires from popping... it did.

Was that nessisary?

Has anyone shipped their bike out, with the tires to their opperating
preasure and had no problems with them?

Thanks,

Micheal

Nope. I also leave mine at full pressure when I ship them. Never had a
problem.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Hi pookums, are you visiting pelicans today since it's so cold and you
have nothing to do?

Old January 15th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:
I brought m bike out from Ontario to British Columbia, and when i did,
i let the air out, thinking it would prevent the tires from popping...
it did.

Was that nessisary?

Has anyone shipped their bike out, with the tires to their opperating
preasure and had no problems with them?

Thanks,

Micheal

Nope. I also leave mine at full pressure when I ship them. Never had a
problem.

Probably better to deflate
slightly before shipping. Ever
see a twinkie bag in an airplane?
Old January 15th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

cc wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:
I brought m bike out from Ontario to British Columbia, and when i
did, i let the air out, thinking it would prevent the tires from
popping... it did.

Was that nessisary?

Has anyone shipped their bike out, with the tires to their opperating
preasure and had no problems with them?

Thanks,

Micheal

Nope. I also leave mine at full pressure when I ship them. Never had
a problem.

Probably better to deflate slightly before shipping. Ever see a twinkie
bag in an airplane?

Sort of like chip bags out here in CO?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 15th 07, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
cc wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:
I brought m bike out from Ontario to British Columbia, and when i
did, i let the air out, thinking it would prevent the tires from
popping... it did.

Was that nessisary?

Has anyone shipped their bike out, with the tires to their
opperating preasure and had no problems with them?

Thanks,

Micheal

Nope. I also leave mine at full pressure when I ship them. Never
had a problem.

Probably better to deflate slightly before shipping. Ever see a
twinkie bag in an airplane?

Sort of like chip bags out here in CO?

Bingo.

Preparing a bike for flying. spindrift UK 17 September 8th 06 08:21 AM
Flying with your bike PK1952 General 31 November 28th 05 06:41 PM
Flying iakobski UK 1 April 12th 05 02:39 PM
Flying a bike UK->US in current security situation - is a box still best? NOVACrohn General 10 January 5th 04 03:29 AM
Flying bike dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 3 December 5th 03 09:29 PM