special invite to Ride-A-Lot

Old January 5th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default special invite to Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:
"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
ups.com...

GeeDubb wrote:

any ideas on who will play the roles?

Hmm... cast for the a.m-b movie:

JD: Keith Carradine
Jimbo: Gary Busey
Carla: Linda Hunt
Jpuddinhead: Mel Gibson
Mikey: Christopher Lloyd
Fagerlin: Jack Nicholson
Kathleen: Frances McDormond
Paladin: John Wayne
Gordo: John Belushi
Mark Hickey: Tom Selleck
Dave W: Randy Quaid
Gabrielle: Shelley Duvall

...?

CC
Been told I resemble Steven Seagal or Steve Buscemi...

somehow me thinks Mark Hickey or Sorni should be played by Mel Gibson

Gary

Nah, Sorni is more of a Jeff Bridges.

JD

Old January 5th 07, 03:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

somehow me thinks Mark Hickey or Sorni should be played by Mel Gibson

No no no. Michael Richards!

Why don't you explain that, Mitch. Please produce anything I or Mark has
written or implied that was racist in nature. Or are you asserting that
every person with some conservative views must use the 'N Word' because it
makes you feel superior somehow?

You're an ass for writing that.

Bill S.

PS: And Gary, Mel Gibson apparently has some overtly anti-Semitic
feelings. Pretty sure Mark and I know I don't share those. HTH

Maybe but you both lean toward that 'holier than thou' attitude in many of
your posts OT.

Gary

Old January 5th 07, 05:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

somehow me thinks Mark Hickey or Sorni should be played by Mel
Gibson

No no no. Michael Richards!

Why don't you explain that, Mitch. Please produce anything I or
Mark has written or implied that was racist in nature. Or are you
asserting that every person with some conservative views must use
the 'N Word' because it makes you feel superior somehow?

You're an ass for writing that.

Bill S.

PS: And Gary, Mel Gibson apparently has some overtly anti-Semitic
feelings. Pretty sure Mark and I know I don't share those. HTH

NO. It has nothing to do with that, Bill. I am sorry if you took it
that way. It was to imply the "Deer in the Headlights" theme.

I really did not mean to offend you and I apologize.

I re-read the thread, and the only reason I can see that Gary picked out me
and Mark was that we're conservatives (and not nearly the right wing zealots
that's often portrayed, either). So the Mel Gibson remark wasn't really
offensive because at least he's known as a rare righty in an overwhelmingly
lefty land. (His drunken anti-Semitic remarks notwithstanding.) Plus of
course both Mark and I share Gibson's devastating good looks and magnetic
appeal to women.

But for you to then suggest, "No no no. Michael Richards!" sure seems to
/strongly/ imply that we're racists like he apparently is. I just think it
was a cheap shot, and a dishonest one at that.

I'd suggest Dennis Miller for Mark. Someone else suggested (privately) Jeff
Bridges for me. I guess Robert Redford was taken.

Bill S.

I don't get the "deer in headlights" thing at all.

Old January 5th 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Bill Sornson wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:
[...]

I swear to God that the thought of racism or anti-semitism never entered
my mind. You know I am not like that. I was not implying anything
political, racial, or religious with my suggestion. I agree in
retrospect that it probably was not a thought out response and again I
apologize. I was thinking along the lines of...

"Oh crap, what do I say now?"

In terms of the "deer in the headlights" thing. And for the record, I
am probably more to the right than you.

So if we can, please let's put this behind us.

How about Don Knotts, if he wasn't dead?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 5th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

GeeDubb wrote:

[...]

Or Rodney Dangerfield? Bill gets no respect!

I think Leonardo DiCaprio would have to play me. I've even been mistaken
for him back when Titanic came out. But ~Travis (and a gay guy in the
Sydney airport once) thought I looked like Brad Pitt. Could be worse I
guess.

Matt

Matt
Old January 5th 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:

I think Leonardo DiCaprio would have to play me. I've even been mistaken
for him back when Titanic came out. But ~Travis (and a gay guy in the
Sydney airport once) thought I looked like Brad Pitt. Could be worse I
guess.

Matt

I'm not putting you in the movie. You'll steal all of the romance
scenes. You're too good looking compared to the rest of us (yes, I am a
guy and I am saying that - I know my limits and I am quite confident in
my heterosexuality).

Come to think of it. What romance scenes would there be in this movie
anyway? Well, I guess it depends on how attractive Virgina Newbon is.
But since I am they one who is bewitched by her (according to Libby),
that means I get the scene.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 5th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
MattB wrote:

I think Leonardo DiCaprio would have to play me. I've even been
mistaken for him back when Titanic came out. But ~Travis (and a gay
guy in the Sydney airport once) thought I looked like Brad Pitt. Could
be worse I guess.

Matt

I'm not putting you in the movie. You'll steal all of the romance
scenes. You're too good looking compared to the rest of us (yes, I am a
guy and I am saying that - I know my limits and I am quite confident in
my heterosexuality).

Come to think of it. What romance scenes would there be in this movie
anyway? Well, I guess it depends on how attractive Virgina Newbon is.
But since I am they one who is bewitched by her (according to Libby),
that means I get the scene.

Alright. I'll just snuggle up with my lady and watch it on DVD.

Matt
Old January 5th 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

somehow me thinks Mark Hickey or Sorni should be played by Mel
Gibson

No no no. Michael Richards!

Why don't you explain that, Mitch. Please produce anything I or
Mark has written or implied that was racist in nature. Or are you
asserting that every person with some conservative views must use
the 'N Word' because it makes you feel superior somehow?

You're an ass for writing that.

Bill S.

PS: And Gary, Mel Gibson apparently has some overtly anti-Semitic
feelings. Pretty sure Mark and I know I don't share those. HTH

Maybe but you both lean toward that 'holier than thou' attitude in
many of your posts OT.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! LOL

FWIW, Mark really *is* "holier" (better-read, smarter, more educated and
sharper) that most of the "thous" he engages. I'm just one bozo on the (too
often short) bus.

As for Gibson, I don't think of him as haughty or whatever. I like most of
his films, I guess (haven't seen "Passion" as it seems pretty damned
intense), and do admire his independence in a notoriously judgmental and
exclusive industry. Just wish he'd sober up and get a little genuine
humility (the latter being a condition to achieve the former, usually).

Out.

Old January 5th 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Bill Sornson wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

[...]

I'm glad CC is casting this thing and not everyone else. I'm starting
to understand why agents and producers make so much coin.

/s

MR. PINK
Why am I Mr. Pink?

JOE
Cause you're a faggot.

Everybody laughs.

MR. PINK
Why can't we pick out our own colors?

JOE
I tried that once, it don't work. You get four guys fighting over who's
gonna be Mr. Black. Since nobody knows anybody else, nobody wants to
back down. So forget it, I pick. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow.

Old January 5th 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ed Pirrero

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

somehow me thinks Mark Hickey or Sorni should be played by Mel
Gibson

No no no. Michael Richards!

Why don't you explain that, Mitch. Please produce anything I or
Mark has written or implied that was racist in nature. Or are you
asserting that every person with some conservative views must use
the 'N Word' because it makes you feel superior somehow?

You're an ass for writing that.

Bill S.

PS: And Gary, Mel Gibson apparently has some overtly anti-Semitic
feelings. Pretty sure Mark and I know I don't share those. HTH

Maybe but you both lean toward that 'holier than thou' attitude in
many of your posts OT.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! LOL

FWIW, Mark really *is* "holier" (better-read, smarter, more educated and
sharper) that most of the "thous" he engages.

LOL.

That's some funny stuff.

E.P.