a couple new vids...

Old April 12th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default a couple new vids...

Well my elbow is still swollen from the recent WW fall, but the
antibiotics my doc prescribed seem to have helped. So here are a couple
of short videos made in just the last few days. The second one shows me
muni-ing down a sand dune! It's way steeper than it looks, but I still
couldn't get going as fast as I wanted because of the depth of the
sand. Thought it would be fun to try, and the cheering crowd sounds was
quite loud!

The one I did just yesterday (first one) shows me mounting and riding
my first "Skinny", altough it's not THAT skinny, but for me it was
another first. It was the kind of ride (muni) where I just used
whatever I found along the trail that (I thought) looked "film-worthy",
including a waaay to-close-to-the-edge shot I did while riding; almost
fell over the 200+ foot sheer cliff!

"Tacked on" to the above vid (Comes after the credits) is also some
quick clips of my short visit to Venice Beach, amidst the skaters, who
did not seem very happy to share their "Space" with a (lone)
unicyclist! Somehwere in this one also is my very first sif "seat drop"
and pick up...not sure if that's the correct terminology, so please
fillme in on that. Anyway, making these two vids was fun, but as
usual my riding was not very impressive...but then again not bad for an
old guy! I I'm getting really close to doing my first "Glide" and
180 unispin! Will post that asap if I don't kill myself first!

http://tinyurl.com/qpadz

http://tinyurl.com/f8ww5

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"!
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Old April 12th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

sweet!

one thing, dont do the camera tilt thing as much...it got confusing

--
unijesse

www.unicycletips.com

I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
hernia.-catboy

Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Old April 12th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unijesse wrote:
sweet!

one thing, dont do the camera tilt thing as much...it got confusing

That wasn't intentional...at least not the PV one because I didn't have
a tripod and had to get it to "balance" on a variety of different
natural surfaces. But I agree, the tilt thing should be used
sparingly, but my thinking was that it would make it look alittle more
interesting than just a succession of plain "static" based shots.

Old April 12th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Cool, looks like you were having alot of fun I think the name for the
thing you did is a seat bounce, in a seat drop you usually catch the
frame with your foot. The tilted camera was kind of cool on the shot
with the stairs but on the shot with you hopping up the hill it wasn't
very good because in order to kind of tell what was going on it would
help to see how steep it was.
Anyway, it was good, you are getting better

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

chosen wrote:
wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

James_Potter wrote:
I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
and eat it...mmmmmm

Old April 12th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

litldude2 wrote:
Cool, looks like you were having alot of fun I think the name for the
thing you did is a seat bounce, in a seat drop you usually catch the
frame with your foot. The tilted camera was kind of cool on the shot
with the stairs but on the shot with you hopping up the hill it wasn't
very good because in order to kind of tell what was going on it would
help to see how steep it was.
Anyway, it was good, you are getting better

That "hill hop" shot was done that way kindof because I didn't have a
tripod and it was balanced on the side of the hill; there wasn't
really anywhere else I could find to put it. Yeah it was too tilted.

Old April 12th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Nice video! like your others, i really liked it and found it fun to
watch =p

How is WW coming along? i wont be surprised to see you do it in your
next video =p maybe try to ride down stairs one footed, just to make it
more interesting for ya, also, i bet you can start hopping 2 stairs at
a time now=p and that cliff, it looked like you were riding right on
the very edge, one wrong bump could of sent ya over, and when you were
balancing between the branches, i could only think of what ppl would be
thinking of when they saw you while they passed by lol, now to end my
very long run-on sentence.

--
Jerrick

Currently learning to Wheel Walk, coast, ride backwards one-footed,
180-unispin, and seat drag\pushes =p

Wish me luck!

Old April 12th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Jerrick wrote:
Nice video! like your others, i really liked it and found it fun to
watch =p

How is WW coming along? i wont be surprised to see you do it in your
next video =p maybe try to ride down stairs one footed, just to make it
more interesting for ya, also, i bet you can start hopping 2 stairs at
a time now=p and that cliff, it looked like you were riding right on
the very edge, one wrong bump could of sent ya over, and when you were
balancing between the branches, i could only think of what ppl would be
thinking of when they saw you while they passed by lol, now to end my
very long run-on sentence.

Yeah that was close! I didn't realize how close to the edge I was until
I looked away from the camera...just in time! The WW is a litle better,
but progressing slowly. I can do the one-foot riding pretty well, so
I'm thinking, why not try gliding? It seems like a natural progression
to just bring my other foot up on the tire, once I'm pedalling smoothly
enough. Is it easier to bail from a glide than a WW? BTW, the stuff
in your sig is almost the same things I'm working on...with the
exception of coast, ride backwards one-footed that's quite a ways
down the road for me still, if ever! Good for you though...go for it,
you can do it!

Old April 12th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

They are both really easy to bail from since both feet are already off
the pedals. It is just hard to bail cleanly from gliding when you are
going fast but as a beginner with it you won't be going fast any time
really soon.

Old April 12th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

only part that will be bad for bailing, is when your legs are coming off
the pedals, but one pedal comes up from behind and bites your calf, or
in my case, it was my ankle, but that doesnt happen if you get your
feet out fast enough, so as long as you dont go to fast, youll be fine
=p

Old April 12th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Nice movies
I like the one when you are in the woods!

--
Job

'My Unicycle Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/oyvnd)
Job's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11945