A Couple of My Unicycles

Old May 25th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default A Couple of My Unicycles

I haven't posted my unicycles in a while (if ever) so here goes:

My trials uni:

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

My Muni

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

I know, I know steel is so 2 years ago. Oh well. Let me know what you
think.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old May 25th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Is that a DX 32 and Jimmy Cs on the trials? And what cover and foam are
you using on the seat? Is that the Miyata rather than the KH style
Scott Wallis base?

EDIT: Wow, before i posted you'd already answered all my questions.

--
kington99

Dave

Old May 25th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think Im gonna upgrade my trials to profiles...

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 25th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

kington99 wrote:
And what cover and foam are you using on the seat? Is that the Miyata
rather than the KH style Scott Wallis base?

The cover is a "gemcrest" from UDC. It's a really heavy vinyl I think.
I used the original foam from my pre-CF miyata. The base is not from
Wallis designs, it is from Bedford.

Old May 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ah of course, if it were SW then you wouldn't need the rails. How are
you finding the DeathGrip? Im considering getting a SW setup for my
Muni, a mate of mine has one on his trials but it's left handed so I
can't really get a proper feel for it. Do you think the V-grip would be
better for Muni, considering your muni handle is similar to the extra
protrusion on the V-grip? I've only ridden Kh handles.

--
kington99

Dave

Old May 25th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I love the deathgrip. It fits in my hand perfectly. It has that little
spot for your thumb which lets you either rest your hand comfortably
for cruising around to take some weight of the undercarriage or get a
really solid grip for hopping. You can hook your thumb over the second
knuckle of your index finger. Also the part where your fingertips rest
is so thin that you are basically making a tightly closed fist around
the handle. On the Kinport (the second best handle I have tried, I
haven't tried the reeder yet) it is thick so you have to rest your
thumb on the side. I'm not sure if you are getting this. It's hard to
explain but the combination of stiffer handle and more solid grip
translates into more power and confidence.

At first I was worried about putting the CF handle on a trials uni. My
trials uni gets violently dropped onto concrete a lot. I was worried
that it would crack from an impact or wear down from scraping on rough
surfaces during falls. I have had it for at least a year now (#007!)
and it looks the same as the day I got it and has showed no signs of
failure or damage at all.

I don't know anything about the v-grip but I'd say if you have the
money for one of the two go for it.

Old May 25th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Nice rides. We've got nearly identical setups... although my Wallis CF
base / Primo seatpost combo is constantly swapped between one wheel and
the other...

I'm curious about the rattle-can job on your muni frame. I've got a
chrome Yuni frame as well and was thinking about doing the same, but
wondering what kind of prep job (aside from getting it sand blasted)
would yield the best results.

Looking at the shiny chrome underneath, I'd postulate that you did zero
prep, other than maybe degreasing the frame... did you sand that thing
at all? Any primer underneath? I was hoping for a paint job that'd
last at least one season of riding, if not two...

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old May 25th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

So, how does a rail adapter work on a trials? On THE dave's KH freeride,
the rail adapter makes it almost impossible to do any kind of SIF
trials. There's no room for you to hold it.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

** Screw in Lightbulbs for Christ ****

Old May 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
I haven't posted my unicycles in a while (if ever) so here goes:

My Muni

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...7d21b5c980050]

I know, I know steel is so 2 years ago. Oh well. Let me know what you
think.

Looks like you've had a lot of fun on the muni. Rock on!!

Mojoe

--
Mojoe

9 mile skid on a 10 mile ride...