What is Usenet for?

Old December 28th 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling, alt.mountain-bike

Default What is Usenet for?

On Dec 24, 11:57 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Newbies are like fish to us sharks. They come unto Usenet all unsuspecting
of what horrors await them. If they are smart, they soon catch on and enjoy
the humor of it.

A new guest should be treated like a new guest.

There is no humor in being a dork.

That said, the morons spewing their utter filth here is what remains
if everyone behaves like a dork but those morons do define how free
one should feel in their expression, it's not all bad.

For you they are just empty messages, this nihilism is entirely yours
of course. But those who whine the most are also most receptive to it.

I've kinda had it with this global electronic surveillance slave labor
camp where entertainment is the prime directive. If all live would be
about was looking for the next cheap thrill you might as well use a
needle?

__
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress
Old December 28th 07, 08:07 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Dec 24, 11:57 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Newbies are like fish to us sharks. They come unto Usenet all
unsuspecting
of what horrors await them. If they are smart, they soon catch on and
enjoy
the humor of it.

At last, some grist for my mill!

A new guest should be treated like a new guest.

Many newbies come to a newsgroup acting like they own the place instead of
being modest and humble as becomes them.

There is no humor in being a dork.

You have me confused with Mr. Tom Sherman of ARBR. He is the dorkiest dork I
know.

That said, the morons spewing their utter filth here is what remains
if everyone behaves like a dork but those morons do define how free
one should feel in their expression, it's not all bad.

Please rewrite the above as it is most confusing.

For you they are just empty messages, this nihilism is entirely yours
of course. But those who whine the most are also most receptive to it.

More rewriting is required here also.

I've kinda had it with this global electronic surveillance slave labor
camp where entertainment is the prime directive. If all live would be
about was looking for the next cheap thrill you might as well use a
needle?

I recommend a course of study in English composition. Maybe if you could
write better, you could also think better.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 28th 07, 09:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike
Simon Brooke

wrote:

On Dec 24, 11:57 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Newbies are like fish to us sharks. They come unto Usenet all
unsuspecting of what horrors await them. If they are smart, they soon
catch on and enjoy the humor of it.

A new guest should be treated like a new guest.

There is no humor in being a dork.

Don't feed the troll. He is, as he has ably demonstrated, lacking in humour,
wit, intelligence and grace. He adds nothing to the sum of human knowledge.
Don't pander to his sad little ego by responding to him. If we all ignore
him, he'll go away (and as 95% of us have killfiled him already, even if he
doesn't go away no-one will know).

/-\ You have discovered a security flaw in a Microsoft product. You
|-| can report this issue to our security team. Would you like to
| | * Be completely ignored (default)?
| | * Receive a form email full of platitudes about how much we care?
\_/ * Spend hours helping us fix this problem on your own phone bill?
Old December 28th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Pat[_4_]

Don't feed the troll. He is, as he has ably demonstrated, lacking in
humour,
wit, intelligence and grace. He adds nothing to the sum of human
knowledge.
Don't pander to his sad little ego by responding to him. If we all ignore
him, he'll go away (and as 95% of us have killfiled him already, even if
he
doesn't go away no-one will know).

(Simon Brooke)

Take it a step further, Simon and don't repost his drivel for the
unsuspecting---including those of us who have already killfiled him---to
stumble upon.

Old January 1st 08, 01:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Dec 28, 8:31 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

Don't feed the troll. He is, as he has ably demonstrated, lacking in
humour,
wit, intelligence and grace. He adds nothing to the sum of human
knowledge.
Don't pander to his sad little ego by responding to him. If we all ignore
him, he'll go away (and as 95% of us have killfiled him already, even if
he
doesn't go away no-one will know).

(Simon Brooke)

Take it a step further, Simon and don't repost his drivel for the
unsuspecting---including those of us who have already killfiled him---to
stumble upon.

Why don't the two of you **** one another and be done with it? The last
thing these honorable cycling newsgroups need is yet another admission of
defeat by an English moron and an American idiot. In the meantime, the
caravan moves on and the dogs bark in the night.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I'm sure it they were to watched the Mike V. / Edward D. stolen sex
tape, they understand exactly what you meant.
Old January 1st 08, 02:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

Little Jimmy being nasty as only he knows how. How pathetic!

Those who have nothing better to do than to advise one another about who to
kill-file are beneath contempt. **** 'em!

Old January 1st 08, 04:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default The Usenet dating agency

On Dec 28 2007, 10:21 am, Simon Brooke wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 24, 11:57 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Newbies are like fish to us sharks. They come unto Usenet all
unsuspecting of what horrors await them. If they are smart, they soon
catch on and enjoy the humor of it.

A new guest should be treated like a new guest.

There is no humor in being a dork.

Don't feed the troll. [snip]

First of all, I find your order to ignore Edward kind of uncivilized.
The way in which you ignore people is not admirable nor do I enjoy
being informed about it. Could you please not reply to my postings
without addressing their subjects. I do not require your behavioral
modifications nor do I listen to your orders.

Where did you get this idea?

I was explaining how a new guest should be treated like a guest and I
was explaining how there is no humor in being a dork. Your reply does
not remotely address my topic. I bother to explain this because it
appears to be necessary. Your approach is .... well it sucks Simon.

Is this how you introduce yourself? Though the expression of hate?
And I should adopt this? This while you ignore what I write? What
hilarious suggestion. Please behave yourself or enlist me in your kill
file so that I don't have to read your nonsense.

I'm not about to stop having an opinion of my own. You might be upset
by reading it up to the point where you'd rather not see it. I really
don't care about this kind of emotions. It's like drained from all
social aspects.

100:1 it was you who made mr Dolan the way he is. I just read the one
posting and I already feel like describing the greatness of my
personality to you.

I mean look at me? It's so obviously self evident. huhuhuhu

Please read my more detailed prescriptions on the internets.

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+usenet+dating+agency

Thanks,

_____
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress
Old January 1st 08, 04:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:
On Dec 24, 11:57 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Newbies are like fish to us sharks. They come unto Usenet all
unsuspecting of what horrors await them. If they are smart, they soon
catch on and enjoy the humor of it.
A new guest should be treated like a new guest.
There is no humor in being a dork.

Don't feed the troll. [snip]

First of all, I find your order to ignore Edward kind of uncivilized.
The way in which you ignore people is not admirable nor do I enjoy
being informed about it. Could you please not reply to my postings
without addressing their subjects. I do not require your behavioral
modifications nor do I listen to your orders.

Simon Brooke is a long time regular on uk.rec.cycling. I doubt that he
will see this reply since it is only posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.

Where did you get this idea?

I was explaining how a new guest should be treated like a guest and I
was explaining how there is no humor in being a dork. Your reply does
not remotely address my topic. I bother to explain this because it
appears to be necessary. Your approach is .... well it sucks Simon.

Is this how you introduce yourself? Though the expression of hate?
And I should adopt this? This while you ignore what I write? What
hilarious suggestion. Please behave yourself or enlist me in your kill
file so that I don't have to read your nonsense.

I do not believe that kill files work that way. If you do not want to
read posts from Simon Brooke, you will have to put him in your kill file.

I'm not about to stop having an opinion of my own. You might be upset
by reading it up to the point where you'd rather not see it. I really
don't care about this kind of emotions. It's like drained from all
social aspects.

100:1 it was you who made mr Dolan the way he is. I just read the one
posting and I already feel like describing the greatness of my
personality to you.

That would be a very poor bet (trust me, I was there). Ed Dolan may only
be vaguely aware or not at all of who Simon Brooke is.

I mean look at me? It's so obviously self evident. huhuhuhu....

POST FREE OR DIE!
Old January 7th 08, 11:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
I do not believe that kill files work that way. If you do not want to read
posts from Simon Brooke, you will have to put him in your kill file.

I am assuming you are advising him only on some technicalities and not
whether to actually do it. He can make up his own mind about that just as we
all can.

There is no way that Simon Brooke can specify that his posts NOT be read
by Gaby de Wilde. He would be more successful trying to cut down the
mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.

Kill-filers are the pits especially if they want to make comments about
those whom they have kill-filed. I am reminded of old Cletus Lee of Texas
who liked to do this sort of thing - damn his rotten soul all the way to
Hell and back! Once you have kill-filed someone, then for God's sakes, shut
up about him!...

Old Cletus also posted at least one private email without permission and
misrepresented what others wrote on at least one occasion.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people." A. Derleth

What is Usenet for? JimmyMac General 3 December 28th 07 03:12 PM
What is Usenet for? JimmyMac Techniques 3 December 28th 07 03:12 PM
What is Usenet for? JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 3 December 28th 07 03:12 PM